inFAMOUS: Second Son Gets Release Date

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
inFAMOUS: Second Son Gets Release Date

A new inFAMOUS: Second Son trailer has revealed Neon powers for players as well as a March 21st release date.

The inFAMOUS games were arguably some of the best exclusives on the PS3. Understandably hoping to continue the series on the PlayStation 4, Sucker Punch has in turn been working on a new game: inFAMOUS: Second Son. Starring a new protagonist and taking place in a variety of fresh settings, it's looked from the get-go like it will take the best elements of the past and expand on them to create an experience even bigger and better than its predecessors.

That said, Sucker Punch has been relatively vague on the subject of when Second Son would actually land in stores. Now, however, a new trailer has been released revealing a March 21st, 2014 release date. The trailer also showcased new "Neon" powers for its protagonist Delsin. According to the developers, the Neon powers should allow for more ranged combat options than the smoke-based abilities he has been shown using in the past. "With Neon, combat is all about precision from a distance. Each shot hits hard, especially if you're targeting the enemy's weak points," said lead designer Jaime Greisemer. "Neon lets you dissect a squad of Dupes like a glowing purple surgeon."

While the Neon powers look pretty nifty, we can't help but feel like the release date might be the more significant bit of news to come out of this trailer. Second Son is probably one of the more prominent games PS4 owners have to look forward to in the months immediately following the console's launch. While a March release still puts it more than four months away, having an actual date at least gives us something to start counting down to.

Source: PlayStation Blog

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Wah? Am I the only one who thought it was almost done and would be out with in a few weeks? Well that will teach me.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I knew it wouldn't be until next year but it's good to have a date...

but this is typical, two days after I stand down as bureaucrat over at the inFamous wiki and we finally get some news!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Man, between this, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall and Driveclub, Spring 2014 is gonna be awesome for games. Can't wait!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
March 21st... I guess that's the earliest I'll get a PS4. But that'll depend on how I'm doing at school. Because I'm very "noble." teehee.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
So smoke and neon are his powers. I'd daresay it's darkness and light, although both had and explosive element to them. Regardless I'm liking this more and more. Sure I miss Cole, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. The spark is still there. Hopefully he won't turn out like Nero or Raiden. Next year is looking very bright indeed. I'm going to be even busier than before.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Is it me or the trailer looks like its trying to be Saint Rows 4, except without the wackiness?

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
I'll be honest here, I used to be against this game simply cause of story reason, but the more and more I see of the powers the more I am saying "Buck that! This looks wicked!"

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
This game should be pretty amazing since it looks to blow Infamous 2 out of the water, which blew the first game out of the water. It's also nice to finally have a protagonist with some personality.

Hopefully I'll have a PS4 by then.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
irmasterlol said:
I don't want to buy a PS4. Why do I have to love inFamous so damn much?
No one said you have to...

OT: The only next-gen game I'm truly excited for. Hopefully there are some more titles worth owning when this comes out so I can justify purchasing a PS4.