Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Has PS3/4 Exclusive Classic Missions

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Has PS3/4 Exclusive Classic Missions

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will feature a 'MGS1 Deja-Vu' mission, exclusive to the PS3 and PS4.

While Metal Gear Solid is no longer the PlayStation exclusive it was in times past (except for those PC versions everyone forgets about...) it looks like the latest installment (or at least, the first part of the latest installment): Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will still retain some PS3/4 exclusive content. Series creator Hideo Kojima has confirmed that the game will feature a 'MGS1 Deja-Vu' mission, exclusive to its PlayStation versions.

As players play through the mission, they can enable a flashback system, which reproduces the 'vintage' visual style of the original Metal Gear Solid in all its triangle-polygon glory.

Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots featured a similar flashback moment, which allowed players to play through the beginning of MGS as a dream sequence.

A nice little touch for long-time fans of the series, but a pity that its exclusive to Sony's machines.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/14/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-flashback-mission-classic-snake/]

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Oh yeah, this game is now a sandbox.. I forgot.

Whenever I think about stealth and sandbox, I think of Assassin's creed (3) and how eluding those British and Colonial soldiers were REALLY ANNOYING.

Its probably an unfair comparison but its hard to see stealth and sandbox work.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I wonder if they'll make a joke about how this game runs on the PS4 at 1080, while it runs on the Xbone at 720.

XD

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
As players play through the mission, they can enable a flashback system, which reproduces the 'vintage' visual style of the original Metal Gear Solid in all its triangle-polygon glory.
I know it's just for fun, but how is it a 'flashback' when it involves a different character and the things haven't happened yet? Please don't say nanomachines!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Awesome I always love the little jokes and throw backs they put into the Metal Gear games.

CriticalMiss said:
I know it's just for fun, but how is it a 'flashback' when it involves a different character and the things haven't happened yet? Please don't say nanomachines!
Oh course it's nanomachines, it's always nanomachines. Nanomachines only do everything and now even allow you to pre-live the memories of your descendants. :p

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I guess Sony is the one shelling out the money now. This, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Assassin's Creed IV all have exclusive stuff. AC IV in particular claims to have an additional hour of gameplay.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
mysecondlife said:
Whenever I think about stealth and sandbox, I think of Assassin's creed (3) and how eluding those British and Colonial soldiers were REALLY ANNOYING.
But imagine if you could have a BOX in AC3. that would render you practically invisible!