Hush! Among The Sleep Won't Wake Up Till 2014

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Hush! Among The Sleep Won't Wake Up Till 2014

Krillbite's making sure everything runs smoothly before it lets this baby out of its crib.

Among the Sleep, Krillbite Studio's indie survival horror effort that enjoyed a fantastic Kickstarter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124026-Baby-Horror-Among-The-Sleep-Pushes-Past-Funding-Goal], will wake up early spring 2014. At least, says Krillbite, that's the goal; it wants to make sure the game's as good as possible before release, which until now had a tentative December date. But things are really starting to take shape, says Krillbite, which is why it's happy with a 2014 release. Now it knows what it has left to do.

"Going forward this involves streamlining the game overall, adding detail, implementing voiceovers, localisation, optimising the Oculus Rift implementation, improving menu & GUI, and lots'n lots of testing and bug fixing," says Krillbite. After which it has to get things sorted with GOG and Steam, but once that's done, surreal infant horror awaits! And so do we. Breath bated and everything.

It's been an amazing journey for Krillbite, and with any luck this one will be taking its first steps soon. Meanwhile if you want a taste there's always the free alpha [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krillbite/among-the-sleep], which has had 200,000 playthroughs and is still getting a workout 400 times a day, "something we find quite unbelievable," says Krillbite. I don't see why. So far, there's every reason to think this one will scare the diapers clean off you, which can only be a good thing.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-15-among-the-sleep-to-snooze-past-q4-now-due-in-early-spring-2014]

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I played the free Alpha awhile back and it's terrifying; I really felt like a toddler again and I was hiding in cupboards and under beds and stuff, so I really don't mind waiting for it to come out, especially if they're synching its release with Oculus Rift.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
This looks wonderful and terrifying, and I really want to play it. I guess my only question is, is there an objective, or is it Amnesia by way of a Toddler? I checked the website and that's all I gathered from the game was my previous sentence.

I don't care if there is an objective or not, although if I have to find little kids being chased by shadows or Boogeymen, or finding my teddy bear or something, I'll be a little bit more involved with the project then I currently am now.

Still, the game looks AMAZING and when I see horror games, this is what I want to play.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I played the Alpha and then proceeded to back it.

I cannot say I am particularly fussed that it has been delayed though. Not because I am indifferent, but because I'd much rather it was perfected than released unfinished just because they said it was going to be this year. I have backed quite a handful of little indie titles, and I am more concerned with them being the best they can be than getting my hands on them as soon as possible.

shogunblade said:
This looks wonderful and terrifying, and I really want to play it. I guess my only question is, is there an objective, or is it Amnesia by way of a Toddler? I checked the website and that's all I gathered from the game was my previous sentence.

I don't care if there is an objective or not, although if I have to find little kids being chased by shadows or Boogeymen, or finding my teddy bear or something, I'll be a little bit more involved with the project then I currently am now.

Still, the game looks AMAZING and when I see horror games, this is what I want to play.
The alpha is still available to download for free, you don't need an account or anything to do so either, you can get it from the link in the OP.

From what has been shown far, it is pretty much a case of following the obvious path, considering movement is somewhat limited due to the character you are playing, I cannot imagine it gets particularly complicated. I suspect the game-play is mostly designed around the experience than any particular challenge or objective.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Even watching this with Someone like markiplier jabbering over it (which was the only video I could find of the game at the time) still showed off how eerie the game really is.

Would probably back this if I had moneez.