Atlus Gives Birth To Ultrasound Teaser Site

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Atlus Gives Birth To Ultrasound Teaser Site

Atlus is expecting - or should we be expecting something?

A mysterious Atlus teaser site has appeared, and it features ultrasound images. A link to the site was included in a recent Atlus newsletter about 2D fighting game Aquapazza. A small, vague thumbnail was posted at the very bottom of the newsletter, and clicking it leads to the strange website, complete with the sound of a steady heartbeat.

Some of the text to the left of the ultrasound pictures include "Persist 5," "Gold 4," and "Trial 2." Siliconera guesses that these could refer to a potential Persona 5 in the works, the already released Persona 4: Golden, and side-scrolling action platform and puzzle game Trine 2.

Above "Trial 2" is "C2," which could stand for Japan-only RPG Conception II, and the small web format file is named "sc_c2.swf." Conception II has elements of a dating sim in that you make "Star Children" to fight monsters as different classes like swordsmen, magicians, and thieves. The main character, a teenage boy, bonds with different girls in the game to use a magic machine to make the Star Children.

Atlus also has some Persona-related news to deliver in due time. A teaser page unveiled in September [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128188-Atlus-Opens-Teaser-Site-With-Persona-Logo-Announces-P4A-Update] hinted at something being revealed on Nov. 24. This new teaser website is probably unrelated to Persona, but "Persist 5" could add some more weight to speculations of an official Persona 5 announcement. Or maybe this could be nothing. Either way, this ultrasound teaser is bizarre.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.atlus.com/res/_testenvironment/1119/sc_c2.swf]

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Conception makes sense for the marketing, & they've been teasing Persona 5 for a while now...

...wait... ultrasound? Pregnancy?

Catherine sequel?

Yes please! :-D

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
C2 could mean Catherine 2, which had pregnancy related elements.

Though I really like Catherine as a standalone piece of work, so I wouldn't want a sequel. Plus Atlus also mentioned there was no Catherine sequel planned a while ago.

But it did sell well, so who knows?

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
The day Persona 5 is announced is the day the world drowns in my saliva.
Apocalyptic consequences aside, if this happens soon it will be the best thing to happen ever.

C'mon, Atlus. Feed us.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
HYPE MACHINE ACTIVATE: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

If Persona 5 is announced on November 24 as that earlier teaser page suggests, I think this website (and the internet as a whole) might explode.

It will be a glorious day!

As long as it's on PS3 I'll be satisfied.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
This can only mean one thing: my dream has finally come true and Atlus is making Fallout Person 4/5. The ultrasound is clearly a reference to the opening of Fallout 3 when the player character is born