Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Gets Release Date, New Trailer

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Gets Release Date, New Trailer

<youtube=CKpsU4SkfTw>​
The release date of HD remastered Final Fantasy X/X-2 is delayed to end of winter.

Square Enix put a release date on Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. Previously announced that it would release in winter 2014, the game will just barely meet that date at its North American release date on March 18, 2014. It will hit Europe on March 21. This release is for the PS3, and Square Enix said it will reveal details of the Vita version at a later date.

To go with the release date announcement, another trailer is available for viewing. As expected, the visuals have a serious update to them, but the soundtrack has been remastered as well. Final Fantasy X/X-2 will have full tropy support and cross-save support between the PS3 and Vita versions, so you can play the same save file across the console and the handheld.

Preorders for the limited edition are still available but in limited quantities. The limited edition includes exclusive concept artbook packaging. People who preordered the regular edition can upgrade to the limited edition for free while supplies last. For those who want a digital version, the game will also be released through the PlayStation Network on the same day the physical game launches.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 launches first in Japan on Dec. 26. The HD remaster includes the international version of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 and leave Japan for the first time. Square Enix's next game in the series, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII launches Feb. 11, 2014 for North America and Nov. 21, 2013 in Japan.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/18/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-coming-to-ps3-march-18th-2014/]

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I am actualy going to be able to buy a Final Fantasy game and know I will enjoy it? What a strange feeling that is. It has been so long.

That being said I am still pissed off about one thing. Where is my release date for the UK Square Enix! I really don't what to have to import this for the US.

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
Remember back in May when they said the game would be out soon?
Then it will be out next year. Fuck Sqaure Enix.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Please let them fix the voice acting in the dreaded laughing scene, I always turned my TV off for a minute during that cutscene. Also this is probably my biggest reason to get a PS3.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I'm going to get this game for some reason. Even though FFX was way more linear than it needed to be, even though the voice acting is all over the place (some very good, some very bad), even though I already own it on PS2, and even though I have no interest whatsoever in FFX-2, I'll get it.

I'm such a chump.

P.S. Thanks

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Yes! Awesome, I'm so looking forward to this. If only this was coming to PS4's PSN...

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
FinalDream said:
Yes! Awesome, I'm so looking forward to this. If only this was coming to PS4's PSN...
That's my thought. Square would have to be crazy to not be making a PS4 version also. But Square IS crazy, so...

Oh well, by the time there's actually a PS4 for me to buy maybe they'll have changed their mind.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Welp, looks like I get to restart my FF X International Let's Play next year then. Now to only finish the games I have now...>.>

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Still not understanding why they remaster the game right after the great game after the decently good one when everyone was expecting another decent-great one but got mediocrity instead and also waste resources on its sequel whose existence even hardcore fans deny.
Wasn't SE in deep financial trouble or something?
I don't think they can afford to troll what's left of their fanbase like that.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
This might finally be enough to get me to pick up a Vita, since before the only game on it I really wanted was P4G. I've wanted to play FFX for quite some time, just never got around to it. FFIX's fantasy world was always so much more inviting to me.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Xan Krieger said:
Please let them fix the voice acting in the dreaded laughing scene, I always turned my TV off for a minute during that cutscene. Also this is probably my biggest reason to get a PS3.
You do know that forced laughter was intended for that scene, don't you?

My god, when will people realize that the scene did what it set out to do.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Oh dear god, why the hell would anyone want to relive those travesties again? And here I literally just finished watching Spoony rip these games to shreds - and rightfully so - by pointing out how horrible the plots behind them are and how FFX-2 basically takes FFX's already plothole-riddled corpses and perforates it with even MORE plotholes...and horrendous gameplay.

Why don't they remaster some of the GOOD Final Fantasy games? Like how about doing a remake of 4 or 6? Or hell, ANY of the FF's 1-6? Seriously, I think I hate Square more than I hate Blizzard at this point. At least Blizzard is just a giant bag of dicks due to business practices, Square actively tramples on the nostalgic games I played as a kid with each god-awful FF game they put out.

Put simply: FFX and FFX-2 are the reason I finally gave up on the franchise all together.

The ONLY good thing that I can say about Square is that they make some damn spectacular cutscene animations.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
WeepingAngels said:
Xan Krieger said:
You do know that forced laughter was intended for that scene, don't you?

My god, when will people realize that the scene did what it set out to do.
That doesn't change the fact that said scene has been known to cause bleeding from the ears in many players. The voice acting, in general, was atrocious in FFX, and only got worse in X-2.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Oh dear god, why the hell would anyone want to relive those travesties again? And here I literally just finished watching Spoony rip these games to shreds - and rightfully so - by pointing out how horrible the plots behind them are and how FFX-2 basically takes FFX's already plothole-riddled corpses and perforates it with even MORE plotholes...and horrendous gameplay.

Why don't they remaster some of the GOOD Final Fantasy games? Like how about doing a remake of 4 or 6? Or hell, ANY of the FF's 1-6? Seriously, I think I hate Square more than I hate Blizzard at this point. At least Blizzard is just a giant bag of dicks due to business practices, Square actively tramples on the nostalgic games I played as a kid with each god-awful FF game they put out.

Put simply: FFX and FFX-2 are the reason I finally gave up on the franchise all together.

The ONLY good thing that I can say about Square is that they make some damn spectacular cutscene animations.
What's wrong with the story of X? I enjoyed it. Also I think some of the earlier FF (the ones that weren't in 3D) got/are being released on PSN, and I'm pretty sure some are on the android store as well.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
RJ 17 said:
That doesn't change the fact that said scene has been known to cause bleeding from the ears in many players. The voice acting, in general, was atrocious in FFX, and only got worse in X-2.
Unfortunately FF X was still in the time in which voice acting really wasn't that good in video games. I agree, the scene is terrible, but I don't think they're gonna change it really since they reuse the old audio clips from the original game anyway in these HD remakes.
They might have to though if the same thing that happened to Final Mix happened to FF X and X-2. (the original developer data for KH Final Mix was mostly lost and they had to work from the near ground up when making that one HD)

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Mcoffey said:
So many conflicting reports about these games! I was thinking about getting these since I'll probably have a Vita by then, but paying fullmprice gor a gane I might not like frightens me dearly. Are these atleast packaged together, or are they sold separately?
From what I know, PS3 version is a bundle. Don't know aboit Vita one.
As for the game itself, I'll say like this:
It is still one of my favorite games. I greatly enjoyed it during all 6 of my playthroughs. It has flaws, like absolutely everything. But still it has my favorite female character, one of my favorite stories and battle systems. Even the infamous laughing scene is fine by me, because it is SUPPOSED to be awkward.
What I mean is that for many this game is bad, but for many more it is their favorite game. Try it yourself.