The Walking Dead Game of the Year Edition Infects Retail Shelves

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
The Walking Dead Game of the Year Edition Infects Retail Shelves

The Walking Dead: Season One and 400 Days can finally be purchased in one place with Game of the Year exclusives.

Telltale's The Walking Dead is one of those games deemed so successful that it warranted a re-release for almost every platform. Today you can find the complete series digitally on PCs, current-gen consoles, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121173-Telltales-First-Walking-Dead-Episode-Free-on-iOS>and even your iPhone, although if you like buying games on physical discs you probably need to order the 400 Days DLC chapter separately. Thankfully, whether you're a newcomer to the series or simply want your episodes in one place, Telltale is offering a special edition just for you. The Walking Dead: Game of the Year Edition is out today and includes all six episodes, behind-the-scenes videos, and access to the original musical score.

"This all-inclusive edition of The Walking Dead's first season is an incredibly exciting package for fans both old and new, and one of the best ways to catch up on the story before the upcoming premiere of Season Two," said Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "With the inclusion of 400 Days and access to behind-the-scenes content and the emotionally-charged score from our long-time friend and composer Jared Emerson-Johnson, we're proud to offer this definitive edition of Season One."

The Walking Dead: Game of the Year Edition is available for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, and will only set you back $29.99. The price is a little steep if you already purchased the last boxed edition, but at least the extra bonuses help to soften the blow. New players of the series (to whom I say, good luck holding back your tears) should be more than satisfying with this definitive edition, at least until <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129130-Walking-Dead-Season-Two-Gets-Lonely-with-New-Trailer-Screenshots>Season Two gets its frustratingly exclusive digital episodes. Hopefully retail customers won't have to wait quite so long this time around.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
Hopefully they've fixed the stuttering problem from the retail copy released last year that made the game unplayable unless you installed it to your hard drive.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Sweet was about to buy the complete season the other day but this one comes with the DLC.

Gonna add it to my list.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
How about they go fuck themselves. They released it as a complete season 1 and then the fuckers added an extra episode.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
FoolKiller said:
How about they go fuck themselves. They released it as a complete season 1 and then the fuckers added an extra episode.
CHILL! Although I do agree that this seems like an unnecessary release, it would have made more sense to wait until the second season was done and release a complete boxset. Also 400 days isn't an episode as such, more like a bridge into the next season, it is by no means an essential part of season 1's story (plus you can very easily buy it seperately for very little money).

jayzz911

Nov 9, 2010
FoolKiller said:
400 days really isnt another episode. It feels more like a spin-off than anything else. It's not part of season 1.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
FoolKiller said:
400 days is entirely on its own. None of the characters from season 1 appear anywhere in 400 days. There's no connection to the story events of season 1. The only thing that actually ties them together is that, somehow, some choices in 400 days will show up in season 2.

Not sure whats got you in such a mood to completely miss all that.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Battenberg said:
FoolKiller said:
CHILL! Although I do agree that this seems like an unnecessary release, it would have made more sense to wait until the second season was done and release a complete boxset. Also 400 days isn't an episode as such, more like a bridge into the next season, it is by no means an essential part of season 1's story (plus you can very easily buy it seperately for very little money).
jayzz911 said:
400 days really isnt another episode. It feels more like a spin-off than anything else. It's not part of season 1.
shintakie10 said:
400 days is entirely on its own. None of the characters from season 1 appear anywhere in 400 days. There's no connection to the story events of season 1. The only thing that actually ties them together is that, somehow, some choices in 400 days will show up in season 2.

Not sure whats got you in such a mood to completely miss all that.
I know that. But...

I bought the disc already and the achievement/trophy list is tied together. And I deliberately waited to get the game and now they add shit to it that isn't even actually part of it.