Huge Seal: An Exciting New Way To Blow Your Money On Steam

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Huge Seal: An Exciting New Way To Blow Your Money On Steam

The Huge Seal is a Steam coupon giveaway for more than 30 indie games, sponsored by the good folks of Frozenbyte.

So you've got a few bucks left in your pocket and a few games left on Steam that you haven't got around to picking up. That sounds like a job for Huge Seal! That's right, a seal, not a sale. Here's how it works.

Go to the Huge Seal website and log in with your Steam account. Pick any five coupons from the selection of 34. Now go buy yourself a discounted game or three. These are solid deals, too: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams for 80 percent off, Antichamber for 60 percent off, Spacechem for 66 percent off, Mark of the Ninja for 50 percent off, and so it goes. Sweet bargains indeed.

And that's not all! If you use a coupon before the end of the sale, you can pick another coupon to replace it. Use all five, take five more. I suppose, if you're so inclined, you could take advantage of every coupon in the Seal.

But wait! There's more! For every three coupons you use, you'll be given a Steam key for one of other games in the list, chosen at random, absolutely free! Buy six games, get two freebies; buy nine, get three. You can probably take it from there. You can even use the free codes to cut through a tin can, and still slice a tomato paper-thin with ease!

Okay, no, you can't actually do that, but the rest of it is all true. What's the point, you wonder? Good karma would appear to be the answer: In the FAQ, Frozenbyte, the Finnish studio behind Shadowgrounds and Trine, said, "Indie games can have a really tough time gaining visibility and making it out there in the wild all alone. We want to bring great indie games together so more people can enjoy them at discounted prices." The Huge Seal is live now and runs until November 24.

Source: Huge Seal [http://www.hugeseal.com/]

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Oh, the huge manatee!!! (You may disembowel me deep in a forest with a wooden cooking spoon, now.)

OT: Steam sure does know how to treat the consumers right, while helping indies get some visibility out on the market. Wish console companies could take a hint and follow their examp-PFFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Damn, almost typed that with a straight face.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Stumbled across this last night. Got 50% off of The Swapper and 60% off of Antichamber. A saving of some £12-13, Nice!

Shame I pretty much have every other worthwhile game in the offer.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Thats a damn shame this kind of thing strieks just as I'm saving up for some boosts to my rig and some serious overclocking.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Darn. I have nearly all of these... and I've bought a few of them more than once. (Terraria I've bought like 4 times now) :S

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
The guy in the video pronounced "Monaco" Mah-knock'-oh. I assumed it was Mahn'-a-coh. Anyone know which is correct?

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Just letting people know, the game you get for buying 3 games is random.(i got lucky and got monaco like i was hoping for)

Also, the Giana twisted sisters coupon is 80%, the sequal/expac thing is only 50% off
However the 80% coupon works on the package deal steam offers, giving you 80% off both games if you buy the whole pack.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Got myself Tiny and Big, Mark of the Ninja, and Rochard for $11.49. Good deal, I'd say.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
OH NO! THE HUGE SEAL IS ATTACKING OUR WALLETS! WE CAN'T STOP IT! DX

Ooh, Mark of the Ninja... No, must resist the compulsion of the Gaben seal... barely have enough time for the games I already have...

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Nice will see if i can scrap some cash together for some of these as its a tight month for me, always seems to all come at once :p

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
I'd go for this but humble bundle is annihilating my spare pocket change faster than I can accumulate it.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I can't possibly justify buying any more games now, not after

Andy Chalk said:
That sounds like a job for Huge Seal! That's right, a seal, not a sale. Here's how it works.
I was actually thinking it was a pun on "huge steal", or possibly "huge deal". Maybe a cross between all three.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
*Gnf*
As minor as it may be, that video sure managed to upset my OCD when it stopped listing games, just as there was one spot left on the billboard.

At any rate, most of these games are either titles I'm not interested in and/or have already been acquired via Humble Bundle package deals.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Clovus said:
The guy in the video pronounced "Monaco" Mah-knock'-oh. I assumed it was Mahn'-a-coh. Anyone know which is correct?
I always thought it was 'Mon-ah-coh' like the country. Since Frozenbyte are Finnish I'd put it down to the narrator being foreign.

I already have all of the games I'm interested in, so that's disappointing. Fingers crossed they do this again with new games.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
oh noes, there's goes my monies :p

Wow... just got six games for 11 dollars and some cents ^_^