Humble Weekly Sale is Totally Balls

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
Humble Weekly Sale is Totally Balls

Get ready to tilt with the Pinball FX2 bundle.

Whether its the famous bundles, weekly sales, or recently opened store, the Humble Bundle folks are great at handing out games for charity. Your Steam list is likely bulging from dozens of shooters, RPGs, strategy titles, and all those weird indie games that defy classification. Yet in all that, there's likely one gaming staple that you've missed: Pinball. Yes, those noisy ([a href=http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/toys/4328211-new#slide-1]and once illegal[/a]) games of skill that once used to ring and clatter in arcades across the land slowly died out as home consoles took hold. Now, this week's [a href=https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly]Humble Weekly Sale[/a] lets you stock up on this neglected genre with Zen Studio's Pinball FX2 pack.

Anything above a dollar nets you a huge collection of original tables. There's the Pinball FX2 Core Pack, which includes four tables that range from ancient Rome to a biolab. The Classic Pack expands that with five more tables like Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla, V12, and Sorcerer's Lair. The Earth Defense, Paranormal, and Epic Quest tables round it out to an even twelve tables of pinball goodness. If that's not enough, you can pay more than $6 and get the Star Wars, Marvel Pinball, and Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles packs.

As usual, you can choose to split your money between the developer, charity, and Humble Bundle itself. All games activate on Steam and run on Windows. While that's a lot of pinball, I'm not yet convenience that anything can unseat [a href=http://www.gog.com/game/balls_of_steel]Balls of Steel[/a] from the pinball throne of my heart, but I'm willing to test that theory.

Source: [a href=http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/67676097872/great-balls-of-fire-the-humble-weekly-sale-featuring]Humble Bundle[/a]

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Dear journalists. For the good of the world and the very concept of comedy itself, stop doing stupid puns as taglines. They're not funny or clever. Just write the news story and try to stop yourself from imagining you're seinfeld or something. Because you are not.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Racecarlock said:
Dear journalists. For the good of the world and the very concept of comedy itself, stop doing stupid puns as taglines. They're not funny or clever. Just write the news story and try to stop yourself from imagining you're seinfeld or something. Because you are not.
Who peed in your Cheerios?

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Mumorpuger said:
Racecarlock said:
Who peed in your Cheerios?
The guy who wrote that stupid pun.

Comedy is hard, ok? Just ask the spoony one, the rifftrax guys, littlekuriboh, team four star, or many many other online comedians. You can't just throw out a pun willy nilly and expect laughs anymore. The people I have listed above have set a higher standard than that.

Also, journalists don't make good jokes! They just don't. They're too afraid to make any controversial jokes and too timid to at least make an outside of the box jokes, so you end up with lame puns like the title of this article instead of anything actually funny.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I played the free table and a few trials after TotalBiscuit 'reviewed' one of the Star Wars tables. Having not played virtual pinball since the days of... well, that space-themed Pinball game that came free with Windows 98, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the tables seem to be designed, and unsurprised at how badly I still suck at pinball.

Nevertheless, this is a bargain.