League of Legends' Newest Champion is Yasuo, The Unforgiven

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
League of Legends' Newest Champion is Yasuo, The Unforgiven

Source: League of Legends [http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/node/8885].

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Why would a "fast" samurai have a huge multilayered metal shoulderplate that is so large that it blocks his peripheral vision?
It's not even on the shoulder that faces the enemy, that one is completely unarmored.
And why would you put spikes that can cut your own hand on the guard and bottom of a katana, a sword that is about anything but ornaments and doesn't even have much of a guard?
This tries so hard to be "cool", it's almost as stupid as zed, a "sneaky ninja" in the most impractical spiky full plate armor ever.

Why don't they go full final fantasy and put one angel wing on him. Oh wait, they did.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
loa said:
Why would a "fast" samurai have a huge multilayered metal shoulderplate that is so large that it blocks his peripheral vision?
It's not even on the shoulder that faces the enemy, that one is completely unarmored.
And why would you put spikes that can cut your own hand on the guard and bottom of a katana, a sword that is about anything but ornaments and doesn't even have much of a guard?
This tries so hard to be "cool", it's almost as stupid as zed, a "sneaky ninja" in the most impractical spiky full plate armor ever.

Why don't they go full final fantasy and put one angel wing on him. Oh wait, they did.
Cause it's League and has never been smart or well thought out.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Normally, I get excited about new champions.

Not this guy, though. Between how bullshit his kit is, and the fact that I HATE samurai...fuck this guy.

Yasuo the Unbalanced, more like.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
It's like Riot ripped the idea from my mind.

Swordsman with affinity for wind? Hardly original. Fair play.

Several of the same mechanics to him as I had for mine!?

Riot clearly use brain ninjas for their new champions.

Though my idea looked different and had different lore...

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Eh, no need to cry foul too quickly. I remember back when Fiora got announced, a ridiculous number of people were crying about how "OP" her ult was.

Tsukuyomi

May 28, 2011
Eh, if even Riot says he's item-dependent, it should be okay. It'll depend how his numbers show up and if Riot is willing to tweak them, but it sounds like zoning the guy and keeping him dead for most of early-game will solve the problem. Though if he DOES work, I shudder to think of the day I load into a game and see this guy in mid-lane, Lucian and Janna down in bottom lane, and Yi working the jungle. 3/4ths of the team able to chase us down with ease? Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Mahorfeus said:
Eh, no need to cry foul too quickly. I remember back when Fiora got announced, a ridiculous number of people were crying about how "OP" her ult was.
To be fair, her ult is the only good thing about her.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Now all I want to see is two low on life Master Yi and Yasuo using their Q and E on each other. Maybe the server dramatically lags for a bit and then one slumps over.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
His Q/ult combo sounds brutal. I predict mighty OPness at release before they tweak some numbers. Also double crit chance? He's like some fucked up hybrid of Yi/Tryndamere/Janna all in one.

Looking foward to it even if his design and story are not terribly original.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
He is either going to be ungodly or useless. His kit doesn't allow for anything inbetween.
Aye.
Looks like a melee AD carry* or an assassin, though the presence of a crit modifier in his passive heavily implies the former.
(*...Oh sorry! I mean "Fighter". pfft)

So, yeah. He's either going to be incredible, or another Fiora.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Considering that they announced he's manaless his e looks like the most fuckawesome ability ever if the cooldown isn't too bad. The mark apparently lasts 10/9/8/7/6 though, so that will make it a bit harder to utilize. Here's hoping it counts as an augmented auto attack so he doesn't have to build attack speed to make use of crit.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
DugMachine said:
His Q/ult combo sounds brutal. I predict mighty OPness at release before they tweak some numbers. Also double crit chance? He's like some fucked up hybrid of Yi/Tryndamere/Janna all in one.

Looking foward to it even if his design and story are not terribly original.
Feels like every Champ is always OP for two weeks. 'Enjoy the pre-nerf', as the saying goes.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
@ all of you rushing to defend this champion...

Open your eyes. Look around the league. There are only a handful of assassins with any amount of real CC in the game, and not a single one has a combination of hard AoE CC and true defense. Let me put this into a little bit of perspective...

Infinity Edge: 25% crit chance increased to 50% on this champion
Statikk Shiv: 20% cirt chance increased to 40% on this champion

With the addition of 9 critical marks, this puts his crit chance at 100% with 2 weapons. This combination of weapons can easily be achieved within 20 minutes, at a point in the game where no assassination targets have any sort of built up defense and where enemy tanks only have a moderate amount of armor and health, both of which are defeated by Yasuo's ultimate.

Offensively, all of his abilities could scale like piss, have extremely short ranges, and still be extremely overpowered. Any ability that grants a huge amount of mobility makes a champion EXTREMELY hard to pin down, even when opponents are incredibly skilled at smartcasting. And while a case could be made for predictive targeting, the fact that he possesses an ability that does not require a specific enemy targeted but can be cast in any direction makes such predictive and intuitive play extremely difficult, especially when one considers the fact that his ultimate grants him a huge armor penetration bonus for what will most likely be the duration of ANY teamfight. This effect basically allows him to continue dealing assassin quality burst damage to heavy tanks and bruisers, negating their usefulness in soaking damage, especially when considering the artillery will most likely be completely unable to punish Yasuo for focusing a tank.

Now, let's examine his defenses. He has a shield which activates on damage and whose shield amount is refilled on rapid movement AND ability useage. Even if that shield only protects from 100 points of damage at max level, his kit and a critzerker build nearly guarantees him multiple shield procs per fight (notice how there is no cooldown in the tooltip) Add to that an INCREDIBLY powerful zoning tool that will shut out nearly 100% of ADC and APC in a teamfight as well as render him virtually unkillable when moving to assassinate a single ranged, projectile based champion.

Finally, let's not forget his CC, of which he has 2! One is an AoE CC that knocks up ALL foes in a line similar to Janna's tornado OR knocks up all foes AROUND him, allowing him to initiate a teamfight AS AN ASSASSIN, much like Malphite would. Add to that a suppression effect to MULTIPLE FOES, an ability that NO OTHER CHAMPION IN THE GAME HAS for the specific reason of how broken it is. Champions like Warwick and Malzahar only get 1 Suppression, and they have to sit there and channel it, making counterplay possible. But if all the enemies that could capitalize on the champion's inability to move are likewise suppressed AND taking damage, and all enemies outside the effect are completely shut out from dealing damage... well, what can anybody do?

This champion is Zed, Anivia, Fiora, Janna, Malphite, Tryndamere, Warwick, and Master Yi all rolled into a single ball of "OMG Riot why the fuck are you doing this to us?"

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Artemis923 said:
Normally, I get excited about new champions.

Not this guy, though. Between how bullshit his kit is, and the fact that I HATE samurai...fuck this guy.

Yasuo the Unbalanced, more like.
Its an interesting kit, but that's a lot of versatility he offers. Last I played league, he would pretty much crush other champs. They're going to need to keep his numbers and scaling very low I think.

Jun 11, 2008
Well I'll have see the cooldowns and ratios before I decide but he seems broken(as in AP Yi borken) and not op as most people here seem to be saying.