Buy This World of Warcraft Mount And Half Your Proceeds go to Charity

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Buy This World of Warcraft Mount And Half Your Proceeds go to Charity

[youtube=k7ooNTMWC8A
[B]Pimp out your WoW character while donating money to the people at the Make-A-Wish foundation.[/B]

If you ever wanted to buy cool swag for your World of Warcraft character while also donating to charity at the same time, now's your chance! Until December 31, 2013, 50% of all of the proceeds from the Alterac Brew Pup pet and Enchanted Fey Dragon mount bundle [https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-fey-dragon-bundle] will be donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation. "Your support will help Make-A-Wish grant the wishes of children throughout the world with life-threatening medical conditions," said Blizzard in an official statement.

The Brew Pup usually costs $10 and the Fey Dragon usually costs $25, but in the special "Make-A-Wish" bundle, the price has been reduced to $30 for the both of them.

"Make an exotic and stylish statement whenever and wherever you fly with the Enchanted Fey Dragon mount. This mysterious and magical creature lives for excitement and has a zeal for adventure. True to its characteristic flair, the Enchanted Fey Dragon shifts its skin color on a whim, making big gatherings of these mystic beasts an awesome sight to behold."

"The Alterac Brew Pup is a hardy friend who's always ready to lend a paw or revitalizing swig of "good cheer" to anyone in need. Bred for rescue duty, the Alterac brewhound's bloodline is famous for having found and resuscitated many mountain travelers trapped beneath the snow . . . and then slobbering all over them. The most famous brewhound of all is Bernard, credited with saving upwards of 50 lives-many of them dwarf and orc soldiers dragged out of the snow beneath the treacherous bridges of Alterac Valley."

You can check out footage of the Fey Dragon in action in the video above, and some footage of the Brew Pup right here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ALvJToyx-0].

Source: Blizzard Store [https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-fey-dragon-bundle]

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Its an expensive month... but i may consider streching my budget to get this if i can as the whole charity thing makes me more inclined although damn me if i really need any more mounts :p

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'll be gettin' the dog. Not deep enough pockets for a mount this month sadly.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Cool, now I can support all the needy chairs in the world!

OT: Actually, I'm not into WoW. I'll let other people in on it if they haven't heard.

Xeorm

Apr 13, 2010
I miss when wow gave you stuff by playing their game, instead of selling it as a money grab.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Xeorm said:
I miss when wow gave you stuff by playing their game, instead of selling it as a money grab.
THIS IS FOR CHARITY

Companies do this all the time, they make unique stuff available to make investing in charity something worth it besides just a "good feeling". Even if Blizzard makes a little cash off the side, guess what, this is still FOR CHARITY.

You don't HAVE to have this mount either. Just saying. If I can still get this for free:

I'm fucking happy.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Xeorm said:
...are you being serious right now?

World of Warcraft does still "give you stuff for playing the game." These mounts and pets from the Battle.net store are for those who have the money to buy them. There are plenty of items in-game that are more than worth the time invested to obtain them. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy these Battle.net mounts/pets, they're completely optional.

Just like the rest of them.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
This article is incorrect. Reread blizzards statement again, it is very carefully worded; half the proceeds from the pet sales go to Make-a-wish. At no point do they say that half the proceeds of the (considerably more expensive) mount do the same. In fact the very page linked in this article says:

"For every Alterac Brew Pup and Enchanted Fey Dragon bundle purchased now through December 31, 2013, Blizzard will donate $5 to Make-A-Wish®."
None of the mount proceeds are going to charity, though the wording of the press release is clearly intended to make the casual observer think they are.

devilmore

Nov 18, 2009
walrusaurus said:
This article is incorrect. Reread blizzards statement again, it is very carefully worded; half the proceeds from the pet sales go to Make-a-wish. At no point do they say that half the proceeds of the (considerably more expensive) mount do the same. In fact the very page linked in this article says:

"For every Alterac Brew Pup and Enchanted Fey Dragon bundle purchased now through December 31, 2013, Blizzard will donate $5 to Make-A-Wish®."
None of the mount proceeds are going to charity, though the wording of the press release is clearly intended to make the casual observer think they are.
True, also came here to say this since the article's title is accordingly incorrect. It's the pet that's for charity, not the mount. Putting them both in a bundle was merely a very clever way to make people buy the more expensive mount too without donating more money.

Xeorm

Apr 13, 2010
Terminate421 said:
Xeorm said:
THIS IS FOR CHARITY

Companies do this all the time, they make unique stuff available to make investing in charity something worth it besides just a "good feeling". Even if Blizzard makes a little cash off the side, guess what, this is still FOR CHARITY.

You don't HAVE to have this mount either. Just saying. If I can still get this for free:

I'm fucking happy.
The mount isn't for charity, the pet is. More than that, this is a game that you pay for, and a large part of games like these is that you play and get some reward. I like that sort of gameplay; gives me something to do while being with friends. Mounts like the one linked here are unique, and entertaining to acquire.

Locking unique rewards behind pay walls is something I'm fine with when I play f2p games. That's a good way to get money for them, after all. But I don't appreciate it when I'm already paying a subscription fee.

The bat mount is a great example. Players have been wanting to use a bat mount since vanilla. Was it part of some epic quest, or as a reward for doing all the hard achieves in their troll themed dungeon? No, it's a reward for one person who has the spare cash to spend.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
Or I could just give all my of my money to charity and not have to let Blizzard have any.
But...the virtual dog gives out virtual booze...
Seriously though, I don't get why people keep getting so butthurt about cosmetic items being sold instead of just earned. Of course, if they were just to be earned, then I'm sure we'd have people complaining that they couldn't just buy the stuff they want, because who has the time, etc. It happened with the League of Legends ranked rewards, why not virtual dragons in Blizzard's virtual money pit?
You can't please everyone every time, so you might as well pick the option that rakes in money hand over fist.
All this being said, I'd look at this more as a means for people who were gonna buy this crap anyhow inadvertently helping a charity, because as Clive here pointed out, the charity gets more money if you give them thirty dollars than if you give Blizzard thirty dollars.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
devilmore said:
walrusaurus said:

True, also came here to say this since the article's title is accordingly incorrect. It's the pet that's for charity, not the mount. Putting them both in a bundle was merely a very clever way to make people buy the more expensive mount too without donating more money.
Well to be honest lots of overly rich people buy the mounts anyway, with no deal or charity involved, this deal is a good idea. I have no problem with them selling mounts and pets, I always manage to bag the raid mounts before they become 1% drops, and my collection is extensive enough not to get jealous over shiny bought mounts, everyone knows you paid real money for it, no one's impressed, but if you like that kind of thing, well, it's going to making more game content without me having to pay or the subscription fee going up in price. I can dig it.

Doesn't affect my time with the game unless I have some deep seated resentment that I don't have the same amount of disposable income that these other people do (And I totally don't, my spare income goes to helping my guild keep our website/voice chat going and usually a few bars of chocolate a month) but these things are harmless...
If an idiot is willing to pay, well... he's gonna get charged. I still am buying the pet since...charity. And I bought the moonkin hatchling too and I love the little guy waddling around after me in raid.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
ccggenius12 said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Or I could just give all my of my money to charity and not have to let Blizzard have any.
But...the virtual dog gives out virtual booze...
Seriously though, I don't get why people keep getting so butthurt about cosmetic items being sold instead of just earned. Of course, if they were just to be earned, then I'm sure we'd have people complaining that they couldn't just buy the stuff they want, because who has the time, etc. It happened with the League of Legends ranked rewards, why not virtual dragons in Blizzard's virtual money pit?
You can't please everyone every time, so you might as well pick the option that rakes in money hand over fist.
All this being said, I'd look at this more as a means for people who were gonna buy this crap anyhow inadvertently helping a charity, because as Clive here pointed out, the charity gets more money if you give them thirty dollars than if you give Blizzard thirty dollars.
You misunderstood my post. I was not butthurt about them selling cosmetic items. I believe they have every right to do that. I just don't like Blizzard as a company and wouldn't ever want to give them any money. It was mostly just a shot at Blizzard, not a shot at the sale of cosmetic items. I do agree with you about this being a nice way to get money to a charity from people that would otherwise never donate any money to anyone.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Terminate421 said:
Xeorm said:
THIS IS FOR CHARITY

I'm fucking happy.
Half of it is for charity at least :p

If you're so big a fan of make a wish, why not give the entire 30$ to them directly?

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Of the 126 mounts I have on my account exactly 4 were not earned in game and of those, only 2 were bought from the blizzard store.

Look I clearly enjoy cosmetic doodadery as much as the next guy but I don't think anyone is hurting for choice so much that selling a mount or two is going to put a dent in their play experience.

Anyway, I can't say I'm really super hyped for either of these. I might get the Brewpup for the missus since she's more of a pet collector than I am but that dragon's not doin' much for me.

Especially since I'm still tooling around in my shiny new sky golem.

Epic_Bubble

Oct 19, 2013
I should probably point out that you got the prices wrong.

If brought by alone, $5 of the $10 pet goes to charity, $0 of the $20 mount goes to charity and if you buy the $30 bundle then $5 goes to charity.

So yeah blizzard earns a lot more than good will.