Priests at The Temple of The Thanksgiving God

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013

...as described in the inscrutable Tryptophanicon

Read Full Article

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
You know i'm just not even sure what to think of this. Not this article in general just the whole thing. I believe the phrase goes "What the effing eff."

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Zacharious-khan said:
You know i'm just not even sure what to think of this. Not this article in general just the whole thing. I believe the phrase goes "What the effing eff."
Yeah I think that's a good part of the intention. I'm still not sure myself what to make of these strips, but regardless I click every week for some mindfuckery. Thanks, Nick, I guess?!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
What's odd is that I've never noticed this series before... interesting.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
And may you survive the holiday too! :D

Us crazy Canadians already did our part last month, so I propose we officially turn it into a "Who will bring the dark god back first" contest.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Nick Lerman said:
"Klaatu Barada Nick'sSo...odd". If Ghost House Pictures turns this into a Fall blockbuster, Bruce should get another cameo.

So every time I read one of these comics, I have to go do research. I didn't know the "Fhtagn" means "sleeps/dreams/waits". I got the Lovecraft Cthulhu imagery right away, but had never heard that "slogan", It would seem I have been living under a rock. That being said, help me out here a little, Nick...

How does seasonal ritual sacrifice of real meat turkeys made of meat hasten in the return of a collosal (I'm assuming due to lack of scale) cosmic turkey-shaped tofu god made of tofu? Beans and turkeys are neither friends nor enemies to my knowledge.

The pilgrims fled to the new world to escape religious prosecution. Looks like they had no idea WTF they were getting into. Nice photoshop lens flare, by the way. Looks like you needed a touch more than the traditional coloring utensils of the pilgrims to convery the full majesty cosmic of a space turkey!

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
That being said, help me out here a little, Nick...

How does seasonal ritual sacrifice of real meat turkeys made of meat hasten in the return of a collosal (I'm assuming due to lack of scale) cosmic turkey-shaped tofu god made of tofu? Beans and turkeys are neither friends nor enemies to my knowledge.

The pilgrims fled to the new world to escape religious prosecution. Looks like they had no idea WTF they were getting into. Nice photoshop lens flare, by the way. Looks like you needed a touch more than the traditional coloring utensils of the pilgrims to convery the full majesty cosmic of a space turkey!
Lens flare! Thank you for noticing. It never fails to amuse me.

The origin of the word tofurky is shrouded in mystery.
I dare not say more on the subject in a public forum.
Your point of view is too English-centric.
The language of the priests can't be properly gobbled with human tongues.
For a deeper answer, may I suggest a fugue state that might attract visitations?
Your quest for knowledge should not go unrewarded.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
This series is so disconnected yet semi-meta and quirky and creepy... Its a combination of the creepyness of Tim Burton when he's allowed to go batshit crazy, mixed with well... Lovecraft as we see here... and maybe some Edward Gorey too... I dunno, there's a huge thing here I just can't explain (hence the word "thing") but I love it. I'd even pay for this art to hang on my wall...
Anyway, kudos to the artist for some awesomeness... now if the gallery of the day guy could learn how to put meat into his posts....

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
lacktheknack said:

Us crazy Canadians already did our part last month, so I propose we officially turn it into a "Who will bring the dark god back first" contest.
Really? I always thought it was a stereotypical tendency towards politeness that made Canadians thankful first.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Farther than stars said:
lacktheknack said:

Really? I always thought it was a stereotypical tendency towards politeness that made Canadians thankful first.
You had to know that there was a dark reason for our insufferable politeness! >:D

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
This comic, Tim Burton on acid. You deserve a reward simply for your confusing use of language and sheer oddness.

Not that is goes unaprecciated.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Clankenbeard said:
Nick Lerman said:
"Klaatu Barada Nick'sSo...odd". If Ghost House Pictures turns this into a Fall blockbuster, Bruce should get another cameo.

So every time I read one of these comics, I have to go do research. I didn't know the "Fhtagn" means "sleeps/dreams/waits". I got the Lovecraft Cthulhu imagery right away, but had never heard that "slogan", It would seem I have been living under a rock.
That being said, help me out here a little, Nick...

Nick Lerman said:
Lens flare! Thank you for noticing. It never fails to amuse me.

The origin of the word tofurky is shrouded in mystery.
I dare not say more on the subject in a public forum.
Your point of view is too English-centric.
The language of the priests can't be properly gobbled with human tongues.
For a deeper answer, may I suggest a fugue state that might attract visitations?
Your quest for knowledge should not go unrewarded.

Read Full Article
Clankenbeard, Nick. Be careful.

<_< There are things about poultry that man was not meant to know.....

Oh, what am I doing?!

It's only human nature to look at something when someone else tells you not to, and gives only a vague warning why not to!

For example;

>.>
xD There's five scary things in here!
[http://imageshack.com/i/f3cousj]
[http://imageshack.com/i/jnevil11j]
[http://imageshack.com/i/j6whatthehellisthisseamonj]
[http://imageshack.com/i/73tongue3j]
[http://imageshack.com/i/j68lk4j]

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
As I stood on the twisted shore of a foreign land the clouds loomed; building and holding ominously down on my fraying nerves. The smell of roast potatoes and garlic hung in the air biting at my senses and clouding my judgment as I trundled forward toward the sea of gravy, dotted with the occasional mint pea, I happened upon a dark monolith (Which also happens to be a thing that a person trying to imitate Lovecraft puts in when they can't think of something)

I gazed up in crippling agony my mind drifted into madness. Sitting atop its twisted throne loomed the dark figure of the lord turkey, Tryptophanicon.

I did what any reasonable man would do and went utterly insane.

"Puthulu raglan turkey mana mena."

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
So, the pardoning of turkey is supposed to slow the end down by a tiny bit, then?
Also, who knew they were cannibals?