GTA Publisher Files Trademark Application for Bully Bullworth Academy

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
GTA Publisher Files Trademark Application for Bully Bullworth Academy

Take-Two Interactive, the publisher behind Grand Theft Auto, has filed a European trademark application for Bully Bullworth Academy: Canis Canem Edit.

For the last few years, Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games have been extremely busy with Grand Theft Auto 5. But with all of the heavy lifting behind them, the pair is gearing up for yet another project, and it's starting to look like that project will be a sequel to Bully.

On November 20th, Take-Two filed a European trademark application for Bully Bullworth Academy: Canis Canem Edit. The application is still being reviewed by the registration office, but Bully fans are probably permitted to feel a bit of preemptive excitement.

Obviously, Take-Two Interactive hasn't made an official announcement regarding the title, but Rockstar's head writer, Dan Houser, has expressed an interest in returning to the franchise. "I know I want to," Houser said in a September interview with Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/25/4769298/rockstars-dan-houser-would-still-love-to-make-another-bully-game]. "Well, hopefully, you never know. There's a lot of directions I could go with that one, it's funny."

Bullying has always been an emotional topic for some, which is part of the reason that it has garnered so much media attention. But Rockstar has never been shy about controversial topics, so a sequel to Bully wouldn't be surprising.

However, Take-Two's trademark application, like most trademark applications, is fabulously vague. So, there's a chance that this news will end up disappointing all of us.

Source: OHIM [http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/rockstar-preparing-to-bring-bully-to-ps4-xbox-one/]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
My money's on mobile device port, considering that title is exactly what it says on the cover art in North America on when it was first released on PS2.

So I definitely wouldn't be all that excited yet.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Please be a proper game, please be a proper game.
It's been 8 years Rockstar we need a sequel that doesn't suck on PC.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Heres hoping it isn't another expansion type thing like scholarship edition. Also, I hope it is set in University. Dorm life would be fun.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
University would be nice. Toga parties, panty raids, making illegal amphetamines and selling them at frat parties, trashing the opposing teams mascot during the big game. It would be a wild ride.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Revolutionary said:
Please be a proper game, please be a proper game.
It's been 8 years Rockstar we need a sequel that doesn't suck on PC.
agreed. the controls werent pc friendly. but still managed to finish the game.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
008Zulu said:
University would be nice. Toga parties, panty raids, making illegal amphetamines and selling them at frat parties, trashing the opposing teams mascot during the big game. It would be a wild ride.
Bully is the kid-friendly GTA, so I doubt there will be any drug references.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
antigodoflife said:
That being the case, then it is highly unlikely we will see a Bully in either High School or University. Perhaps the next game will be set in Summer Camp?

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
antigodoflife said:
It was rated 16+ in Germany, the same rating as (a censored version of) GTA San Andreas. But you are most likely right, as sad as this makes me. I would love to see Jimmy going to college with all that belongs to that (dorms, fraternaties, etc)

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Canis Canem Edit is simply the EU release title. Likely this is an upcoming re-release on some platform.