8 Vampire Movies for Vlad's Coronation

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Vampire Movies for Vlad's Coronation

To celebrate the day that Vlad the Impaler became the ruler of Wallachia we give you a little list of eight of the best depictions of vampires in movies.

Read Full Article

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Just to be a bit of a nagger...

-Let the Right One In-
It's not stated, at least in the film, if Eli is actually a female.
Yes, Eli is played by a female actress.

But, then again, so was Ash in Pokemon.

Alvin Becker

Nov 27, 2013
Tanis said:

-Let the Right One In-

Also the vampire isn't necessarily doing what it is doing to be the boy's friend. If you think about it the vampire cleverly manipulates the boy into becoming his new ward by getting him to fall in love.

There is one short scene (the one where the boy looks through the cracked door when Eli is changing) that eludes to this particular thing, but the book this movie is based on (same name by John Ajvide Lindqvuist) goes into greater detail:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS FOLLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli is in fact a male whose genitals were mutilated by the sadistic vampire who turned him. It isn't shown in the movie and the American remake made Eli into a girl which was an absolute fail in my opinion. It also further details the relationship the vampire and the pedophile have.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Alvin Becker said:
Tanis said:

-Let the Right One In-

The book this movie goes into greater detail:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS FOLLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli is in fact a male whose genitals were mutilated by the sadistic vampire who turned him. It isn't shown in the movie and the American remake made Eli into a girl which was an absolute fail in my opinion.

Welcome to the Escapist, stay out of the basement. We have spoiler tags in this forum, quote me to see how it's done :D

I'm honestly not impressed with these things, or the way they're done with how we have to load a new page to see each entry, I get that you want ad revenue.

OT: Dracula Dead and Loving it should have been in there for a laugh, since for some reason Twilight is in there, and for comedy would have to be the only reason.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Seconding the call for Interview With the Vampire and The Lost Boys. Come on, they're classics!

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
I am disappointed by the exclusion of Leslie Nielson and Dracula: Dead and Loving It [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112896/] from this list. While we're at it, Chloë Grace Moretz, absolutely killed (haha, get it) in 2010's Let Me In [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1]. Though I'm starting to think I'm the only one who's seen that movie, everyone I know just gives me funny looks when I bring it up.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I loved the inclusion of Let the Right One In(after I saw it for the first time the only way I could properly describe it was hauntingly beautiful), but I feel like these lists are getting out of hand.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Valanthe said:
I am disappointed by the exclusion of Leslie Nielson and Dracula: Dead and Loving It [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112896/] from this list. While we're at it, Chloë Grace Moretz, absolutely killed (haha, get it) in 2010's Let Me In [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1]. Though I'm starting to think I'm the only one who's seen that movie, everyone I know just gives me funny looks when I bring it up.
You do realise Let Me In is the American remake of Let The Right One In, right?

Alvin Becker said:
Tanis said:

-Let the Right One In-

Also the vampire isn't necessarily doing what it is doing to be the boy's friend. If you think about it the vampire cleverly manipulates the boy into becoming his new ward by getting him to fall in love.

There is one short scene (the one where the boy looks through the cracked door when Eli is changing) that eludes to this particular thing, but the book this movie is based on (same name by John Ajvide Lindqvuist) goes into greater detail:

Eli is in fact a male whose genitals were mutilated by the sadistic vampire who turned him. It isn't shown in the movie and the American remake made Eli into a girl which was an absolute fail in my opinion. It also further details the relationship the vampire and the pedophile have.
Eli isn't manipulting Oskar in the original film or the books at all. Abby in the remake most definetly seems to be, but not the orignal film or book.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Is it just me or is every single one of these articles pure undiluted flame bait.

Half the comments here are "OH WHY ISN'T [subject related item] HERE!?!?! OMG YOU FAIL!1!"

But yeah, including Twilight.... that's just being too easy.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
What!? No mention of Shadow of the Vampire, or the Klaus Kinski gem Nosferatu the Vampyre? Oh wait .. Klaus Kinski ... daughter banger ... probably wise not to bring that one up. Oh, but you did add The Fearless Vampire Killers by famous pedophile Roman Polanski, so I guess my mention of Kinski fits right in.

As to the inclusion of Twilight? Rubbish. It's the Justin Bieber of the vampire mythos. And Bram Stokers Dracula. Heysoos Mirimba. If there's a big budget vampire flick that was bungled as badly as that hot mess I've happily never seen it.

nyarLOLhotep

Jan 22, 2013
I wish John Carpenter didn't run out of money when he was making Vampires. Watching the flick you can almost tell when things started to get done on the cheap.

I'm a bit spooky, but too of my favorite Vampire movies are Nadja and the Addiction.

Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter. It's all good, it's all right.

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
Wow. That is a horrible list. Epically terrible. To the point where I must conclude it is simply flame bait.

Just off the top of my head without even thinking about it, I can come up with several movies that you missed that are far better than some of that drek.

1. Lost Boys
2. Interview with the Vampire
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4. Underworld

Take out the 4 worst entries on your list (especially Twilight, which only vaguely has anything at all to do with vampires), and I've improved it by 1000%. You're welcome.

oh, and:

"OH WHY ISN'T [subject related item] HERE!?!?! OMG YOU FAIL!1!"

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
TheSYLOH said:
Is it just me or is every single one of these articles pure undiluted flame bait.

Half the comments here are "OH WHY ISN'T [subject related item] HERE!?!?! OMG YOU FAIL!1!"

But yeah, including Twilight.... that's just being too easy.
You must be new to the comments section of a "Top X" list. There's ALWAYS something that the author left out; and if the author included literally every instance of whatever the list is about, then the thread will be all about how it's in the wrong order.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
nyarLOLhotep said:
I wish John Carpenter didn't run out of money when he was making Vampires. Watching the flick you can almost tell when things started to get done on the cheap.

I'm a bit spooky, but too of my favorite Vampire movies are Nadja and the Addiction.

Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter. It's all good, it's all right.
Yeah. Not sure how I feel about the film adaptation honestly, but I loved the John Steakley's book it was taken from.

I think the film suffered far more from the stigma of the "realistic" vampire hunting Steakley created with his mythos than from any budget constraints. The vampires were sitting ducks when the sun was high, but come sundown you had better well watch your ass.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
Valanthe said:
You do realise Let Me In is the American remake of Let The Right One In, right?
I did not actually know this, to be honest, only reason I know about Let Me In is because it's on Netflix. I guess I have a new book/movie to look for.