Stalin vs. Martians 3 Debuts "Neon Genesis Stalin"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Stalin vs. Martians 3 Debuts "Neon Genesis Stalin"

It's a special Thanksgiving weekend treat just for you: the first super-hot Stalin vs. Martians 3 screens, right here and right now!

Stalin vs. Martians was not very good. In his shenanigans [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6063-Review-Stalin-vs-Martians] too, and I found myself thoroughly enjoying that part of it even as I didn't think twice about actually buying the thing.

Will Stalin vs. Martians 3 be any better? I don't know. I can't imagine it being much worse, for whatever that's worth, but I would suggest that potential consumers approach it with a certain degree of caution; after all, a minimum $25 Kickstarter pledge for a single copy of the sequel to one of the most famously half-baked games in recent memory is a little on the steep side.

[gallery=1933]

In any event, the Kickstarter is rolling and the first update is here: Five not-entirely-terrible screens showing the giant Combat Operational Battle Armor, also known as Neon Genesis Stalin, in action against the green-skinned invaders from another world. Bullshots? Maybe - but honestly, if you're not going into this assuming the whole thing is a bullshot, you're probably setting yourself up for disappointment.

Source: Kickstarter [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/895349342/stalin-vs-martians-3/posts]

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I will lose all faith in Kickstarter if this project is not funded.

Bonus content, including Stalin riding a chicken and more
For $45 that's surely irresistable.

(I can't quite decide whether this 'game' is some kind of euro-arthouse post-modernist performance art piece... or if the developers are just insane...)

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Sixcess said:
(I can't quite decide whether this 'game' is some kind of euro-arthouse post-modernist performance art piece... or if the developers are just insane...)
I'm hoping for both :) think I will back this once i've paid the many bills I have this month!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Wait, what? Stalin vs. Martians 3? As in THREE? How? I know about the first game and it was such an unmitigated disaster that I can not find it in me to believe they managed to fund a second one, much less find strength to go for a THIRD. Why?

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
That's more like an Iron Stalin, rather than a Stalingelion.

Also, Stalin had better be in this game more than he was in the first one. Which was, what, all of a minute? Maybe three?

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
They skipped strait too 3 due to '2' not being cool enough I believe(i'm quite serious btw) this whole rodeo is going to be one wild and mentally unhindged ride into mental illness, so be prepared for you shall need Mecha Starlin!!!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
LordMonty said:
They skipped strait too 3 due to '2' not being cool enough I believe(i'm quite serious btw) this whole rodeo is going to be one wild and mentally unhindged ride into mental illness, so be prepared for you shall need Mecha Starlin!!!
They are saving 2.22 spot for prequel
At least that would make sense

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Jandau said:
Wait, what? Stalin vs. Martians 3? As in THREE? How? I know about the first game and it was such an unmitigated disaster that I can not find it in me to believe they managed to fund a second one, much less find strength to go for a THIRD. Why?
From the Developer:

We think it is kinda boring to develop SvM2. So we decided to skip this one and develop SvM3 instead.
OT: MECHA STALIN MUST LIVE! X3

Also, it's $10 for just Stalin Vs Martians. $25 gets you BOTH the original and this game X3

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
SvM2 will be paid DLC.

OT:
I love how over the top this kickstarter is.

IF it's funded...I doubt it will rise to the level of self made hype.