He Who Shall Not Be Named

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
I don't think I've ever seen a comic about Van Buren. And after reading it, I know why.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Holy crud! I'm a former Van B. Boy, myself! All hail the former first chief of Dutch descent. You are missed, sir.
Little known fact: His baby portrait looks exactly the same as his presidential portrait. The number of buttons on his suit is the only way to tell for sure which image you are looking at.

AndrlCh

Jun 9, 2013
Ah, Martin Van Buren, I will only ever remember you because of the Weekenders.

At 34 seconds:

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
There's a street named after him here in Arizona, and it's known for street walkers and crazy people.

I wonder if that's the place where he will return.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Was I not clear with my dire warning?

For those of you so willing to bandy about his name I can only offer one and a half suggestions.
Unless you want to hear a lengthy diatribe on how his fiscal policies were sabotaged
by the Panic of 1837 you should liberally rub a rookworst all over your Donderdag
before tomorrow and don't wear a whig.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Is this some kind of ye olde Candlejacke? He does kind of lo-

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Nick Lerman said:
Was I not clear with my dire warning?

For those of you so willing to bandy about his name I can only offer one and a half suggestions.
Unless you want to hear a lengthy diatribe on how his fiscal policies were sabotaged
by the Panic of 1837 you should liberally rub a rookworst all over your Donderdag
before tomorrow and don't wear a whig.
You will note that I never actually said HIS name. To save everybody a little time, here is my weekly research findings:
rookworst: Dutch sausage
Donderdag: Dutch for Thursday
whig: The US politial party of William Henry Harrison who beat out MVB for the presidency in 1841

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
You will note that I never actually said HIS name.
I think you are in the clear but I am a worrier. We'll know by tomorrow.

Clankenbeard said:
To save everybody a little time, here is my weekly research findings:
rookworst: Dutch sausage
Donderdag: Dutch for Thursday
whig: The US politial party of William Henry Harrison who beat out MVB for the presidency in 1841
Your due diligence is greatly appreciated by me and the throngs of readers that clamor for more.
MVB is the only U.S. President to speak Dutch as his first language.
I hope everyone will join me in consuming smoked sausages on Thunderday!

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I know who that is! Thanks Animaniacs for your presidents song!
'starts singing the song'

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
The Rogue Wolf said:
Nick Lerman said:
...and don't wear a whig.
It's hard to find a Whig to wear these days. I've asked around as to where some might be located, but it seems all I ever run into are Know-Nothings.
Maybe check with a British barrister, I think they still wear those and have a direct line on where to get them... unless its something the British Government only hands out. I don't know, I live on the other side of the pond and am somewhat ignorant of other countries law practices... Oh, and semi-off-topic, your badges spell out lies in the form of a question, are you a lawyer?