Games of 2013 Supercut Can Make You Nostalgic in Less Than Two Minutes

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Games of 2013 Supercut Can Make You Nostalgic in Less Than Two Minutes

It may seem a bit premature, but let's take a quick trip down memory lane...

Do you remember all the games you played this year? What about all the ones you wanted to? And the ones you read about and had opinions about even if you didn't touch them? Of course you don't. You know what they say; "Out of sight, out of mind." A lot of games came out in 2013, so let's take a couple of minutes to look back and remember them with this handy-dandy montage.

Creator Malcolm Klock has been making short year-in-review game montages for a years [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmxatK9P3k&list=PLEW8kS62V205hmBe5WLA87_w1Jh5SuHDC] now. He does a especially good job giving lot of games a chance to shine, especially considering his self-imposed time constraints.

Now, before you call BS because your favorite game isn't properly represents, just remember: This is not a comprehensive record, nor is it meant to encapsulate the events of the industry: It's just a little tribute to one of our favorite pastimes... Plus, you just know there are going to be hundreds of these between now and 2014.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Vui4NC-iU]

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
I give the video a resounding "Meh." Especially considering 80% of what it showed were games that haven't been out but for a month or two, and even the majority of that were Gen7 releases. To put the video showcases in perspective, here's a ~near complete~ list of releases for the year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_in_video_gaming

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
*shrug*

Compilations like this keep me in perspective. I'm not buying into games as much as I could be and I'm okay with that. I typically get into things way later than everyone else... I'm just starting Skyrim for instance. I have not played a single game in that vid.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
All in all it seemed like a really shitty year, its like we are still on May or something where nothing worthile is released.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
That was a nice video and all. Still though, despite 2012 getting grief for being a bad year for games, I think I enjoyed a lot more games that year than this year.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Lol I probably played like 3 of the titles in there. I guess I'm becoming one of those indie game hipsters without even trying x_x.

More to the point, does this mean the AMV phenomenon has made its way over to video games?
If so, God help us all.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Well, good job and all but the 2012 video was still the best one. The music, the games, the whole mood at the end of the year. 2012 was probably my most enjoyable year in video games, I know many would disagree, but I think we can all agree to a point that 2012 had the most hype.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
bug_of_war said:
Well, good job and all but the 2012 video was still the best one. The music, the games, the whole mood at the end of the year. 2012 was probably my most enjoyable year in video games, I know many would disagree, but I think we can all agree to a point that 2012 had the most hype.
there are so many games from 2012 that I realized are so awesome (I did play a few from 2013 but 2012 was awesome for me)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
wow this was underwhelming. same couple games being padnered again and again, most of them not even worth remmebering (such as Ryse), and then the very long segment dedicated to GTA5 while other games got far less. I mean Payday2 got what, 2 seconds?

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Well, that video was okay.
I wonder if that was really footage of all the games that came out this year? If so, this was a more poultry year then I would have thought.

Edit:
I just watched the other videos and I agree 2012 was much better than this one. I loved the list of titles at the end.

Darxide

Dec 14, 2009
I have played exactly zero of these games. I could only actually identify slightly more than that.

AntiChrist

Jul 17, 2009
Weaver said:
Lol I probably played like 3 of the titles in there. I guess I'm becoming one of those indie game hipsters without even trying x_x.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing...?

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Most of those are games that have only been released in recent months (barring Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and probably some of the games that I don't recognize). Still, I quite liked the video since it was pretty well put together.

Weaver said:

More to the point, does this mean the AMV phenomenon has made its way over to video games?
If so, God help us all.
Sorry to disappoint you but the AMV phenomenon made its way to video games a quite a while ago.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Aesir23 said:
Sorry to disappoint you but the AMV phenomenon made its way to video games a quite a while ago.
That's not really surprising! I'm glad I've managed to avoid it for so long lol.

Neyon

May 3, 2009
There were some good games this year but none were great, and far too many were disappointments.