Jack, "of Beanstalk Fame," to Appear in Next Wolf Among Us Episode

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Jack, "of Beanstalk Fame," to Appear in Next Wolf Among Us Episode

Telltale promises work on the game is being wrapped up this month, with a release announcement to follow soon.

In anticipation of the upcoming release of Smoke and Mirrors, the second episode of The Wolf Among Us, Telltale Games has released some new screens and info. Among these is the reveal of supporting cast member Jack, "of beanstalk fame," whom you might remember as the lad who broke into a giant's house and made off with his loot. Telltale's blog describes Jack as "a sharp-tongued rogue," though it doesn't go into any other detail about what role he'll play. Jack has been a regular character in the Fables comics the game is based on, including getting his own series, Jack of Fables. The blog post also showed a picture of a seedy, Fables-only nightclub called the Pudding & Pie, with Bigby staring down a tattooed street tough.

A release date wasn't announced yet for the new episode, with Telltale's post only saying that their team is finalizing the game this month and they hope to have an estimated release time soon. The announcement was set to coincide with the recent arrival of The Wolf Among Us on iOS. Telltale will be launching the second season of its critically acclaimed Walking Dead series <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130290-The-Walking-Dead-Season-Two-Out-On-Steam-December-17th>later this month on Dec. 17.

Source: Telltale

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Really been wanting to get this.

I know PSN is having a sale on Ni No Kuni for $10, so I'll get a 20 dollar card and pick episode 1 and 2 for $10 and then Ni No Kuni for the other 10.

Math is cool.

Anyway, my expectations are high for this series. I hope it's good.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
neonsword13-ops said:
Episode 1 is pretty fantastic, and Bigby is just awesome as a character.

My only issue with itr is that Telltale has broken their old pattern of one-episode-a-month, and that annoys me greatly. I guess I'm just an impatient fuck.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Agayek said:
neonsword13-ops said:

My only issue with itr is that Telltale has broken their old pattern of one-episode-a-month, and that annoys me greatly. I guess I'm just an impatient fuck.
I think they're taking a while due to The Walking Dead Season 2 being on the horizon. Gotta cater to fans of both series.

Here's hoping Season 2 will be just as good as one.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Agayek said:
neonsword13-ops said:

Perhaps with second season of The Walking Dead out soon also they might be doing alternating releases to avoid the two series overlapping too much.

Regardless I'm looking forward to the second episode. Episode 1 was my first experience with the Fables world and it's got me hooked.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Yay, Jack is in this one! Jack is great, and (most of) his spinoff series is great! But just tell us the release date already! I want me some Episode 2, dammit! D:

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Agayek said:
neonsword13-ops said:

If you followed the Walking Dead as the episodes were being released, this should be no surprise to you. They took on average 2 months per episode, and in one case I think they took 3 or so.

Oh well, you can't rush quality.