Buy a Gold-Plated Xbox One for $10,000

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Buy a Gold-Plated Xbox One for $10,000

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Harrods/status/411935507686629376]

The British company Harrod's has created a gold-plated Xbox One for the slightly more deep-pocketed fan.

When you get down to it, I'm not much of a collector. A few years back I sold off the bulk of my NES collection, just because I was sick of them taking up so much darn room in my home. That being the case, I still come across things every now that I just want for the sake having. Remember that <a href=http://www.destructoid.com/beautiful-wooden-neo-geo-and-new-sticks-give-me-wood-216347.phtml>$650 wooden Neo Geo from a few years back? I had no reason to want that. I've never even played a Neo Geo game in the entirety of my 26 years on this Earth. That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't drooling over that sucker and dreaming of it collecting dust on my shelf.

The same can pretty much be said for the 24-carat gold plated Xbox One currently being sold by the folks at <a href=https://twitter.com/Harrods/status/411935507686629376>Harrods. I know there's no reason I should ever pay Ā£6,000 (nearly $10,000) for an Xbox One. That said, when I look at its shiny golden surface, all reason escapes me and my thought process devolves to "wants."

Granted, not everyone is likely as susceptible to pretty metal things as I am. Even so, it's hard not to deny how spiffy it would be to have one of these sitting in your living room. You would probably have to sell everything else in said living room to afford it, but that's beside the point. You can't waste time counting dollars and cents when it comes to things like this. Sometimes you simply need to pay the price and sort out your pointless, life breaking debt later.

Source: <a href=http://kotaku.com/golden-xbox-one-will-cost-you-just-9778-80-1484266063>Kotaku

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Ugh, think of the fingerprints. I have a hard enough time trying not to touch the shiny side of my PS4 for fear of smudging it. Think of how smudged up this thing would get just trying to set it up in your living room.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Church185 said:
Ugh, think of the fingerprints. I have a hard enough time trying not to touch the shiny side of my PS4 for fear of smudging it. Think of how smudged up this thing would get just trying to set it up in your living room.
Shhhhh.... you're spoiling the fantasy....

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Wow, that thing actually looks pretty awesome, I know what I'll be sending my henchmen to steal when they're next in London.

Wait, what was that Mr Bubbles? It's an Xbox One? Oh, nevermind then...

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Consumption at its worst. It always bothers me deeply knowing *someone* will have to money to waste on something like this and will do so.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Fingerprings on my PSVita annoy me beyond belief. I even began to play it wearing gloves.

The smudges on the Gold, it'd... *shiver*

But.. seriously, this is a bad idea. Just who is going to buy a golden Xbox One?

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
dylanmc12 said:
Just who is going to buy a golden Xbox One?
The guy who has a gold-plated entertainment center would probably want it. Also, golden chairs. Gold ceiling fans. GOOLD

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
You know, seeing this reminded me of when I was a kid watching pokemon. The old episode where some scammer sells one of the characters a gold plated pokeball with a magikarp inside.

That is the first thing I thought of seeing this and it improved the quality of my day. Thank you.

But seriously I'm hard pressed to justify the standard prices on games let alone the new consoles so 10 grand...I'll pass. :O

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Jesus Christ, do I even need to make the obvious statement about this?

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
The only thing that comes to mind on this article, given that there are people unable to feed their families being persecuted by the government in this nation at the moment, is Romanovs.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
It may be shiny now, but how often would you have to clean it to keep it that shiny? Not to mention that you couldn't get it repaired anywhere.

StewShearer said:
That said, when I look at its shiny golden surface, all reason escapes me and my thought process devolves to "wants."
"It wouldn't match my decor". Just keep teling yourself that and maybe it'll sin in.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
What? Only 24 carats?

LOL Xbone, the gold plated PS4 is 36 carats and only costs Ā£5000.

Why would anyone pay Ā£1000 more for a 50% less pure gold plated console?

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
dylanmc12 said:
But.. seriously, this is a bad idea. Just who is going to buy a golden Xbox One?

I'll give you a plausible customer....

Seriously I can't rule him out...I mean come on diamond and gold teeth? A golden xbox one is the next logical step...well in his mind maybe

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Church185 said:
simple solution: have your butler wear gloves when he installs and operates the machine for you

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Alpha Maeko said:
dylanmc12 said:
Just who is going to buy a golden Xbox One?
The guy who has a gold-plated entertainment center would probably want it. Also, golden chairs. Gold ceiling fans. GOOLD
A person with an unusual obsession with gold, you say? I think I've found our man.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
As the saying goes, gold plated shit is still shit. Or something like that. Also gold is so tacky.. Platinum is where it's at now.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I would of made it out of titanium so you can throw it against the wall whenever your Kinect commands won't work.

OT though: I think buying a golden plated X1 is more useless than throwing money into a fire to warm yourself up during winter.