Frodo's 8 Favorite Things To Do On His Day Off

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Frodo's 8 Favorite Things To Do On His Day Off

To celebrate the release of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, on this day in 2001, we give you a brief glimpse into what Frodo gets up to when he's not dropping jewelry into volcanoes. Silly Hobbit, rings are for Gollum.

Read Full Article

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
These "Top 8" things are kind of neat but can we get a decent slider, or bigger buttons to flip to the next image please?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
really, not a top christmas films, or anything else? you went with a list of other films Elijah Wood has appeared in, all the while making terrible hobbit puns?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be bothering with this escapist feature anymore

AJvsRonin

Nov 11, 2010
Fasckira said:
These "Top 8" things are kind of neat but can we get a decent slider, or bigger buttons to flip to the next image please?
I may be wrong but I think these articles are purposefully made this way so as to take advantage of "Cost Per Impression" advertising revenue.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/ad-blocker-the-games-press-and-why-cosplay-galleries-lead-to-better-reporti

Personally I don't mind these articles, though this is the first and last one I'll be reading.
I've white-listed The Escapist so as to give my support. These articles help pay for some of the more interesting and in depth work the team does that may not quite be profitable enough to make up for the extra effort they put in.

But I wont be bothering to look at another one.

Though I must admit it's depressing to see one of the Escapist writers do a great job of discussing how women feel in gaming culture and then immediately below it, in the "from the web" section, have a link to a content aggregator site saying "Incredible Sexy Lara Croft Cosplay! (65 photos)" and "This Mom lost 100 pounds in 4 days!".

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
I'm glad that Elijah avoided the trap of being type-cast after LotR. Sharing a set with Christopher Lee probably helped (Lee saw first hand how type-casting hobbled Bela Legosi's career, and made a conscious effort to avoid the same fate).

Disappointed you didn't mention North or The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
Actually hobbits like talking to their dogs, who help them work through all kinds of deep emotional issues. They're sort of deranged, because they think dogs can talk and their dogs appear to them as humans wearing fur suits.

Wilfred is a good show. Surprised you didn't include it.