Activision Releases Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass Trailer

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Activision Releases Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass Trailer

Call of Duty: Ghosts' Season Pass trailer names the four upcoming expansions and reveals more DLC details.

In a press release sent today, Activision gives us a sneak peek at Call of Duty: Ghosts' Season Pass with a new video detailing what's in store for buyers. Just like in previous Call of Duty Season Passes, Ghosts will get four expansion packs which are named: Onslaught, Devastation, Invasion, and Nemesis. Each DLC will bring with it four new multiplayer maps, bonus weapons, and a four-part episodic content for CoD: Ghosts' "Extinction" mode.

If you're not familiar with Extinction, it's a four-player cooperative affair where it pits players against various types of alien baddies in a survival-type level. Think of it as Infinity Ward's own take on Treyarch's "Zombie" mode but with aliens.

Additionally, those who purchase the Season Pass will now get instant access to the "Free Fall" downloadable multiplayer map, which was originally given away as a pre-order incentive; and a "Team Leader Digital Pack" that comes with a unique multiplayer character head, weapon, reticle, player patch, player card and player background.

Call of Duty: Ghosts' Season Pass is available now on your preferred digital marketplace for PC, and on PSN and Xbox Live.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Okay, considering they can already make a trailer for ALL DLC packs means they most likely didn't bother to put any effort AT ALL into any of it... and are already done with them.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Bindal said:
Okay, considering they can already make a trailer for ALL DLC packs means they most likely didn't bother to put any effort AT ALL into any of it... and are already done with them.
Or it means they have planned a head? Considering most of the footage was of current in game maps, the only thing we saw from the season pass was the map and weapon concept art. As for the extinction mode part, I couldn't tell if it was new footage or just current footage but in third person.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I was hoping for a tagline like "CoD Ghosts, the game so good you'll buy it twice." Sadly, I am disappointed.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Wait wait wait. They're releasing trailers for season passes now? Or have they always done this and I've been oblivious?

Just feels like they're rubbing it in the faces of the fans, oh you you thought you paid full price for a complete game? Sorry you need to pay EVEN MORE MONEY for the rest of the content.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Crap...Extinction is going to have a story mode. Ugh, that might be enough to make me consider getting these. The zombie mode alone was enough for me to keep buying the map packs for Treyarch's CoDs. But that storyline--as well as the characters--is amazingly done. I think IW takes itself a little too seriously to pull this off, but I'll give it a chance.

Did anyone else think the guy who was narrating the video seemed, I don't know, new to this whole thing? Like this was his first time doing voice over work or something? He just didn't seem to have that kick that these trailers tend to have.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
This is pathetic, I still can't get through the idea of buying MP maps when you can get those for free in other games that have modding support. I mean, pay for a new player head, really? I can play as a god damned Raptor in L4D, for free! -.-