BioShock Infinite, DmC and Don't Starve Coming to PS+ in January

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
BioShock Infinite, DmC and Don't Starve Coming to PS+ in January

January's U.S. PS+ Instant Game Collection titles for the PS3, PS Vita and PS4 have been revealed.

While Sony has yet to officially announce the slate of games for January's "Instant Game Collection" for U.S. PlayStation Plus members, it seems to have been revealed ahead of time by the PlayStation Store. If you hover over the Instant Game Collection on the PS3 PlayStation Store, a video will play that showcases BioShock Infinite, DmC and a few more games that are set to come out across the PS3, PS Vita, and the PS4

The entire lineup is listed below.

PS4: Don't Starve
PS3: DmC, BioShock Infinite, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
PS Vita: Smart As, Worms Battle Islands

Given that the video is still on the PlayStation Store at the time of this writing and has been made by Sony themselves, it's safe to say that the list is legit. Keep in mind Sony has yet to divulge when each game will be available throughout the month, and what discounts will be available for PS+ members. So, let's keep an eye out for that bit of info.

This month, Sony released Borderlands 2 and GRID 2 for PS+ members [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130080-Borderlands-2-and-Grid-2-Headline-Decembers-PlayStation-Plus-Lineup] and it looks like the company is carrying that momentum into 2014 judging from January's list of games.

Clear some disk space for your trip to Columbia this January, people. And don't forget to make room for the redesigned Dante, too.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740413]

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Crap I shouldn't have bought Brothers during the Steam Sale. Those are some big name titles on the PS3, good to see they're still supporting it.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
One month of PS+ cost about $4.17, and each month I'm handed a list of games similar to this one. I'm so happy that I jumped ship from Microsoft to Sony this gen.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Shit, just bought infinite on PC ... damn steam sales.

Man, I should have bought PSN+ when it first came out, the games released for it more than make up the cost ... the only down side is what I experienced, buying a game and then it being free (same thing happened with AC3, I have the disk and digital download).

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
Even though it's unconfirmed, this made my day. Every game on this list is one I've been meaning to try for quite some time now.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
The Vita games alone are worth $4.17 (or $2.50 by the Black Friday deal) per month, which is great since I'm now very unlikely to get a PS4 instead of a Wii U this ending Christmastime. I love my PS Vita.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Good thing I held off on buying Don't Starve on GoG. I want to try it but I'm not sure if I'll like it. And I'm definitely thrilled Bioshock Infinite is free. I've been wanting to play it after the fuss over it in the poll

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Sadly a not so great month for me this time around. Already bought Infinite back in March, and Brothers a few months ago too. Played Dmc from a cousin's copy last month as well. Don't get me wrong, its still an AMAZING month, but not for me. Oh well, still have Dragon's Dogman: Dark Arisen to play through, so its OK.

Very surprised at Infinite though. Could have sworn that they even had the game on sale a few weeks ago (Dmc too as well I believe), not to mention its less than a year old in addition to being a AAA game. Again, very good deal for January, still weird though. Then again, I've only just became a Plus member back in October (So. Many. Games!), so maybe this is normal?

Starting off the new year right though!