Beatles: Rock Band Getting Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul as DLC

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Beatles: Rock Band Getting Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul as DLC

The Beatles: Rock Band, unsurprisingly, will be getting DLC in the form of two of the Fab Four's most iconic albums: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Rubber Soul.

For whatever reason Harmonix and MTV decided to make Abbey Road the album to go with for the release of The Beatles: Rock Band next month, but fans of the Fab Four's other LPs shouldn't worry that their favorite records won't be getting the DLC treatment. According to an article on the game in the New York Times [http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/magazine/16beatles-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2], Harmonix is planning at least two Beatles albums for DLC release: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Rubber Soul.

Not that there aren't already songs from either album in the standalone game - it's just that these will be the full package for fans who aren't getting every single song they want in the box. This certainly comes as good news to me, considering these are my two favorite Beatles albums. I just wonder how they'll replicate some of the more avant-garde moments on these records. Maybe you'll have to hit all four drum pads at once for the last chord of "A Day in the Life."

No info was revealed on when exactly the albums would be released or how much they'll cost, but I'm sure Harmonix will put them out at regular intervals.

Zamn

Apr 18, 2009
Hurray for Sgt. Pepper's.

Best album evar, as I believe all the kids say on the internet say these days.

Mar 17, 2009
Zamn said:
Hurray for Sgt. Pepper's.

Best album evar, as I believe all the kids say on the internet say these days.
Rather.

I like the concept, but I don't think I'll be buying. Two hundred bucks is a lot of money.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
Great! My two favorite Beatles albums! I wonder if they're going to release the Love remixes of some songs.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
The infamous SCAMola said:
I like the concept, but I don't think I'll be buying. Two hundred bucks is a lot of money.
If you already have the peripherals it's a $60 purchase.

Merteg

May 9, 2009
My favorite songs are 'Anna' and 'With a Little Help From my Friends,' so I'm happy.

Do you NEED to buy the really expensive guitars? I'd rather buy a regular guitar and the game.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
I just want to play Strawberry fields forever and Eleanor Rigby.

*Listens to Eleanor Rigby and crying..."

MagicShroom

Mar 29, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
I just want to play Strawberry fields forever and Eleanor Rigby.

*Listens to Eleanor Rigby and crying..."
*cries with Mrsnugglesworth about Eleanor Rigby

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Ok......I may be one of the rare ones here (but if you understand this consider yourself awesome).....

but I hope they release "The Rutles" as well.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Merteg said:
My favorite songs are 'Anna' and 'With a Little Help From my Friends,' so I'm happy.
A Little Help From My Friends as already been announced as one of the songs in the main game. Personally, I'm just glad I can get "When I'm 64" Great song that.

Now we've had 3 albums confirmed as DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up releasing the rest eventually.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Wow, this is an even bigger cash in than I thought. I know there's a lot of Beatles songs but I would expect more to be included in a game that is entirely the Beatles.

brewbeard

Nov 29, 2007
Yet another step toward games being mandatory $60 access points to content, which must be purchased separately.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I'm looking forward to While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Here Comes the Sun, my two favourites. I'm going to preorder the game today!