Zynga Now Accepting BitCoin in Farmville, Some Other Games

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Zynga Now Accepting BitCoin in Farmville, Some Other Games

Zynga is testing Bitcoin purchases, so now you can buy your digital sheep with your digital cryptocurrency.

Social game maker Zynga is testing Bitcoin as a new way to pay for your in-game purchases of chickens, power-ups, and assorted doodads. Zynga launched a test today with BitPay, a Bitcoin service provider. You can now make in-game purchases using Bitcoin while playing select games on Zynga.com. The games currently accepting Bitcoins are FarmVille 2, CastleVille, ChefVille, CoasterVille, Hidden Chronicles, Hidden Shadows and CityVille. The Bitcoin payment option is not available through Facebook. Zynga made the announcement to the Reddit bitcoin community [http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1udclz/zynga_launches_bitcoin_test_with_bitpay/], and requested customer feedback on the Bitcoin test.

Initial feedback from the community has been positive, with several users reporting successful and speedy transactions. YouTube user Anthony Di lorio created an Dogecoin [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmN7UtXFRIU], are attempting to rival Bitcoin.

The Bitcoin exchange rate is currently $811.52 USD. The digital cryptocurrency hit a high of roughly $1213.42, but dropped to $435.21 after BTC China, China's biggest Bitcoin exchange, stopped accepting new yuan deposits. BTC China pointed to government regulation as the cause, which has warned other financial institutions [http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/05/bitcoin-price-tumbles-chinese-central-bank-warning] against using Bitcoin. The secure and anonymous nature of the currency has also raised concerns over its use as payment for illegal goods.

Source: Kotaku [http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1udclz/zynga_launches_bitcoin_test_with_bitpay/]

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
reiniat said:
WOW!! Only one year ago even people performing illegal jobs didnt liked being payed with BitCoins....
If I was performing illegal activities, I'd make sure all my transactions were in cash, harder to trace that way. Unless, of course, the person paying you is giving you money that's already being actively traced methinks.

Omnicrom

Jun 26, 2012
Chaosritter said:
Heh, it will be fun when the currency crashes and burns for good. All the stores, schools and sites that accept Bitcoins will be bought dry with worthless inflation money before anyone can react. That's usually what happens right after a country lost a war...
BigTuk said:
Chaosritter said:
Heh, it will be fun when the currency crashes and burns for good. All the stores, schools and sites that accept Bitcoins will be bought dry with worthless inflation money before anyone can react. That's usually what happens right after a country lost a war...
They're trying so hard.. but right now it's a ponzy scheme, people are buying it because they expect it will go up in value, and it goes up in value because people are buying it.
Sadly Bitcoin will be sticking around for a little while longer, but that just makes the pretty inevitable crash all the sweeter. The speculator bubble is going to pop sometime, because aside speculation (and drugs and beef jerky) there isn't anything you can get for your Bitcoins.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
reiniat said:
WOW!! Only one year ago even people performing illegal jobs didnt liked being payed with BitCoins....
Why is it suddenly starting to be accepted?? Theres just way too many suspicious things about the BitCoin, theres even theories about his creator planning to destroy the BitCoin market whenever he wants, and the algorithm for creating BitCoins is starting to halt its production....
Bitcoin s illegal transasctions were just a small part of its actual transactions, and considering how little there are bitcoins incomaprison, its really not popular among illegals. There is no way to "Destroy" the market once the money leave the creators pocket. The tulip mania however will destroy it, but thats a different reason.
The algorythm works based on maximum power dedicated to it and spits out same amount of coins all the time. its not halting the production. and even if it were, that does not mean anything bad for the currency. Regulaion of supply of money is nothing new and is happening with every single other currency.

And its suddenly acceptable because it is extremely popular, extremely servicable (you can pay 0,00001 bitcoins, you cant pay 0,000001 dollars) currency that needs almost none upkeep costs and none or very low trasnfer fees. it basically beats every other currency in everything but trustability. however i do not advice you to use it, because it will crash hard and probably soon. its way too expensive for what it is ad is running on hype now.

JaceArveduin said:
If I was performing illegal activities, I'd make sure all my transactions were in cash, harder to trace that way. Unless, of course, the person paying you is giving you money that's already being actively traced methinks.
Bitcoins are less tracable than dollars because they are not marked. also you dont need to have a risk of going to the guy in real life to give cash and risk just being shot instead of paid. Also helps if criminals dont know eachother - then they cant rat you out.