Metal Gear Solid Creator Hideo Kojima Working on "Super Confidential Project"

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Metal Gear Solid Creator Hideo Kojima Working on "Super Confidential Project"

Hideo Kojima teases that his development team is meeting to work on a "super confidential project."

It seems Hideo Kojima and his studio, Kojima Productions, are working on more than just Metal Gear Solid V for Konami. Over on Twitter, the legendary game designer tweeted [https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/420442996744519680] , "Kojima Production SUPER CONFIDENTIAL PROJECT's experiment presentation & meeting," which included an image of three unnamed staff members.

With MGSV still brewing over at the studio, could this "super confidential project" be downloadable content or expansions for the series' fifth main entry or something entirely separate? Your guess is as good as mine at this point -- though I wouldn't mind if this was somehow connected to a new Snatcher or Policenauts game.

If you had to hazard a guess, what do you suppose this secret project is all about? Perhaps a new entry in the Zone of the Enders franchise, a new IP, or yet another entry in the Metal Gear Solid series?

For more on Metal Gear Solid V, you can read up on how Ground Zeroes' ESRB rating revealed that the game will include "sexual violence." [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131068-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes-Earns-Mature-Rating-Includes-Sexual-Violence]

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be released this March 18 for the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One; while it's other half -- MGSV: The Phantom Pain's -- release window has yet to be announced.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/420442996744519680]

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
"Perhaps a new entry in the Zone of the Enders franchise, a new IP, or yet another entry in the Metal Gear Solid series?"

Amazing people forgot about Snatcher and Policenauts :( most likely they're doing MGS VI because it seems the only 'creative' thing Kojima is capable of doing.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
james.sponge said:
"Perhaps a new entry in the Zone of the Enders franchise, a new IP, or yet another entry in the Metal Gear Solid series?"

Amazing people forgot about Snatcher and Policenauts :( most likely they're doing MGS VI because it seems the only 'creative' thing Kojima is capable of doing.
Snatcher was more of a one-hit wonder, really. Ya wouldn't expect that to have a sequel, or need it.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
If it's SUPER CONFIDENTIAL then why would you even tell people about it? I agree with old Jimothy on this topic; you aren't super secret spies or agents, game industry. Stop this shit.

And honestly unless it's Kojima taking some writing courses, I don't really care at all.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I'm not supposed to tell you this, but it's a Metal Gear/Policenauts/Bomberman crossover. In fact, this is the reason Konami bought Hudson.

P.S. Thanks

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
No they're not. They're working on a video game that they're planning to overhype. I'm already tired of this game and it's not even been announced. My money is on Metal Gear MMO.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
FalloutJack said:
james.sponge said:

Snatcher was more of a one-hit wonder, really. Ya wouldn't expect that to have a sequel, or need it.
Of course not, but another cyberpunk adventure game would be rad. Anything but new MGS, please.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
FFP2 said:
Maybe it's a new Silent Hill game?
Yeah I remember Konami and Kojima were toying with that idea. I'm not sure how that would turn out really but I'd be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Caffeine_Bombed said:
Yeah I remember Konami and Kojima were toying with that idea. I'm not sure how that would turn out really but I'd be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Kojima is a master of creepy shit so I'd be down for him making a SH game. Only worry I have is that it'll be 90% cutscenes.

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
Alex Co said:
Perhaps a new entry in the Zone of the Enders franchise...
HNNNNNNNNNNG, YES PLEASE! I've been wishing for a new ZoE for 11 fucking years now. STOP TEASING ME KOJIMA.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Super secret project? Maybe there's a clue in the picture. MGS4 poster in the back. Other than that, it just looks like 3 guys sitting around. Oh god, Half-life 3 confirmed!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Chatboy 91 said:
Alex Co said:
Perhaps a new entry in the Zone of the Enders franchise...
HNNNNNNNNNNG, YES PLEASE! I've been wishing for a new ZoE for 11 fucking years now. STOP TEASING ME KOJIMA.
I know and he said he would make a new one after MGS4 or something like that. Plus both of them are super short, then again, so is Revengence.

OT: I would like to speculate that that photo is an in-engine render. I remember them showing off that office in a new engine before, with side-by side pictures. Maybe they made it even better.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
james.sponge said:

I always saw Policenauts as a spiritual sequel to Snatcher. Both had the allure of point and click adventures (yet actually had gameplay, unlike recent outings from Quantic Dream).

At any rate, another entry into that genre, and another ZOE...these things NEED TO HAPPEN!!!!