Rumor: GameStop Poster Leaks Call of Duty: Ghosts "Onslaught" DLC Details

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Rumor: GameStop Poster Leaks Call of Duty: Ghosts "Onslaught" DLC Details

A GameStop poster has leaked the map names, and new weapon included in Call of Duty: Ghosts' "Onslaught" map pack.

While we already know Call of Duty: Ghosts' first map pack will be named "Onslaught [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130703-Activision-Releases-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-Season-Pass-Trailer]," videogame retailer GameStop just outed what shooter fans can expect in Ghosts' first DLC in its promo poster. Listed below are the four map names, the bonus weapon, and the name of Extinction's new episode.

Multiplayer Maps:

Fog
Ignition
Containment
Bayview

Bonus Weapon:

Maverick AR & Sniper Rifle

Extinction:

Episode 1: Nightfall

Based on the poster, Onslaught will make its way to Xbox Live users on January 28, while those playing Call of Duty: Ghosts on PlayStation and PC, should expect the map pack a month after due to Microsoft's timed exclusivity deal with Activision regarding Call of Duty DLC.

We've tagged it as a rumor for now, but odds are, this is the real deal, since Call of Duty info does have a habit of getting leaked [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123510-Retailers-Accidentally-Leak-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts] ahead of time. Nonetheless, we've contacted Activision to ask for an official statement on the matter and will update the post once they've replied.

Source: CharlieIntel [https://twitter.com/SeriousSix2010]

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Oh boy, another cheap map pack DLC for Ghosts. It doesn't seem like they even try to give the players any lasting content. Do what other companies did: Release map tools for the PC crowd so they can share new content, and yes you'll still make money from game sales so shut up investors.

Alexander Kirby

Mar 29, 2011
So hang on, what's been leaked here exactly? There will be 4 new multiplayer maps, a new gun and a new zombies/equivalent map. WOW - totally didn't see that coming!

So I guess the most information we have is that they had to lower the draw distance on one of the maps to keep the game from crashing and one of them's going to be at night... Well there you have it folks, that's an exclusive!

[small]Note to self: Become a marketing executive; I bet they get payed $thousands for coming up with these "leaks"[/small]

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'm still not sure about this. The Extinction map is the only thing that I would want, but the rest of Ghosts was just so bland I honestly don't know if I want to spend more money. Plus, seeing as none of my friends have the game, playing Extinction by myself just isn't fun. The Ghosts team is going to have to really step it up in the writing department (humor, story, dialogue, characters) if I'm going to buy this, and if Ghosts itself is any indication, that's not an easy thing. Treyarch, where did you go?