DC Universe Online Adding "Armories" For Alternative Character Builds

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
DC Universe Online Adding "Armories" For Alternative Character Builds

DC Universe Online characters will each receive a complimentary armory slot with each additional one afterward costing $6 each.

In a world full of super powered heroes and villains adaptation is something of a necessity. Just look at Superman, where would he be right now if he couldn't put on some fancy protective suit to keep himself safe whenever a baddie whips out a chunk of kryptonite? The answer is dead (though probably not for long). Unfortunately, the process of changing your skills, clothes and weapons in DC Universe Online can, at times, be a bit tedious.

That being the case, Sony Online Entertainment has announced the official launch of new "armory" options that players will be able to use to piece together alternate builds that they can then conveniently swap in and out as needed. "Gone are the days of running back to the Respec Chamber to switch your points over to your role while your group waits," said SOE in its announcement. "Gone are the days of finding a new favorite outfit, only to risk forgetting your old one." These armory builds won't just be out-of-combat affairs either. Players will be able to utilize them both in the field and in battle, albeit with an attached cooldown.

Each character is, in turn, being given a single complimentary armory slot to try out and play around with. If desired, additional armory slots can be purchased for $6 a piece or in bulk at a discounted rate from the in-game store. Each character will however, be limited to four armories per base and can only have four active for use at a given time.

Source: <a href=https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/archive/dc-universe-online-armories-arrive-2014>DC Universe Online

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
neat, does it let me use my amasses costume hoard on other characters, or do I still need to waste time building up a decent set of options first?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I am so surprised this game continues to live!

I remember getting it on my PS3 when it came out, grinded my way through every mission (which there are only about 2 type of), played a hand full of co-op stuff and then packed it in! I liked the character customization a lot more than the actual gameplay!

I downloaded and played it on my ps4 for all of 10 minutes, then promptly deleted it. As I was playing though, I realized how much DLC they brought out for it! Without looking anything up, I will bet that they haven't added any new missions types beyond "kill" and "fetch"

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
...or you could play Champions Online, which gives you a bunch (six I think) build slots that you can switch between at-will.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
008Zulu said:
We lost City of Heroes, but this piece of crap is allowed to continue to exist? How's that fair?
A couple of reasons;

1: This game is just as enjoyable if not more so for a number of people (myself included) due to how slow City of Heroes felt in the beginning of the game, and how fast this one feels.

2: SoE has a much more attractive pricing model for DCU than CoH used.