Dark Souls II Achievement List Leaked (Warning: Spoilers)

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dark Souls II Achievement List Leaked (Warning: Spoilers)

The full list of Dark Souls II achievements may spoil some key points in the game.

Exophase [http://www.exophase.com/game/dark-souls-2-xbox/achievements/] has dug up the full achievement list for the upcoming Dark Souls II. They offer up hints as to what the story may contain, as well as what crazy challenges you'll have to pull off to get that perfect gamer score. Be warned that if you'd rather avoid spoilers, you should read no further (what are you even doing reading this far anyway, didn't you see the spoiler warning in the title?!)

Here's the list:
The Dark Soul: Earn all achievements
Self Recollection: Reclaim flesh and set out as an Undead
King's Ring: Acquire the King's Ring
Ancient Dragon: Acquire Ashen Mist Heart
The Heir: See the ending
Last Giant: Defeat the Last Giant
Sinner's Bonfire: Light the primal bonfire in Sinner's Rise
Iron Keep Bonfire: Light the primal bonfire in the Iron Keep
Gulch Bonfire: Light the primal bonfire in the Black Gulch
Brightstone Bonfire: Light the primal bonfire in Brightstone Cove Tseldora
Giant Lord: Defeat Looking Glass Knight
Vendrick: Defeat Vendrick
Supreme Weapon: Reinforce a weapon to its limit
Gesture Maestro: Learn all gestures
Master of Sorcery: Learn all sorceries
Master of Miracles: Learn all miracles
Master of Pyromancy: Learn all pyromancies
Master of Hexes: Learn all hexes
Brilliant Covenant: Discover a most brilliant covenant
Protector Covenant: Discover the covenant of the protectors
Sanguinary Covenant: Discover the covenant of the bloodthirsty
Covenant of the Meek: Discover the covenant of the meek
Gnawing Covenant: Discover the covenant of rodents
Clangorous Covenant: Discover the clangorous covenant
Covenant of Ancients: Discover an ancient covenant
Covenant of the Fittest: Discover the covenant of the fittest
Abysmal Covenant: Discovery the abysmal covenant
Selfless Giver: Max-out devotion to covenant
Curious Map: Light all flames on the map in Majula
Change of Clothes: Give Rosabeth of Melfia something to wear
Gathering of Exiles: Increase the population of Majula
Moonlight Greatsword: Inherit Benhart of Jugo's equipment
Holder of the Fort: Inherit Captain Drummond's equipment
Lucatiel: Inherit equipment from Lucatiel of Mirrah
Smith for Life: Inherit Steady Hand McDuff's equipment
Garrulous Miser: Inherit Laddersmith Gilligan's equipment
Reflections on Disembodiment: Inherit equipment from the head of Vengarl
This is Dark Souls: Die for the first time

So there you go. Did that tell you anything about the game's story? No seriously, I never played the first Dark Souls so I have no idea. Please tell me.

Source: Exophase [http://www.exophase.com/game/dark-souls-2-xbox/achievements/]

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I don't THINK this has many spoilers, but I never finished Dark Souls and have no idea if this is a direct follow up or a spiritual sequel as Dark Souls appeared to be to Demon's Souls

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
"Moonlight Greatsword" sounds peculiar, because in the first one that was a weapon you cut out from the tail of Seath the Scaleless, one of the late-game bosses (every boss in the game that had a tail could have his tail cut off, which would give you a unique weapon). I wonder if it's just a coincidence or if the story is going to have a callback to Seath (after all, Seath was a dragon, and dragons seem to have a bigger presence this time around).

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
Diegolomac said:
"Moonlight Greatsword" sounds peculiar, because in the first one that was a weapon you cut out from the tail of Seath the Scaleless, one of the late-game bosses (every boss in the game that had a tail could have his tail cut off, which would give you a unique weapon). I wonder if it's just a coincidence or if the story is going to have a callback to Seath (after all, Seath was a dragon, and dragons seem to have a bigger presence this time around).
Actually some version of the Moonlight Greatsword has existed in most of From Softwares games going back to Kings Field and including Armored Core so it makes sense that it would reappear here.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
toomuchnothing said:
Diegolomac said:
Actually some version of the Moonlight Greatsword has existed in most of From Softwares games going back to Kings Field and including Armored Core so it makes sense that it would reappear here.
But not Lost Kingdoms, From Software's second greatest, if not greatest series, so I lack caring for the Moonlight Greatsword.

And by "lack of caring" I mean that I really want to get one and I really want to know how to find it.

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
Now I'm really interested in the way the story starts off. Reclaim flesh and set out as an Undead - well that's something new!

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
Nine covenants listed, wonder if they correlate to the nine alignments as they did in DSI. I'm curious as to what a hex is, and how you inherit equipment.

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
Kilt said:
Soxafloppin said:
"This is Dark Souls" Easiest and fasted earned trophy ever.
Still, props to any gamer who earns it last.
Kinda hard to get that last, since there's an achievement for getting all achievements... So you'll get that one last.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I must say, this list is fascinating.
I tremble to think of what these hexes could be... Maybe a 4th kind of magic? Whatever it is, I'm excited.

FYI I Am Some Guy

Aug 24, 2010
King of Asgaard said:
I tremble to think of what these hexes could be... Maybe a 4th kind of magic? Whatever it is, I'm excited.
Let's see. Pyromancy was mostly offensive magic, Miracles were largely support abilities and buffs, and Scoreries were a mix of the two. Where would Hexes fit in all this?

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
FYI I Am Some Guy said:
King of Asgaard said:
Let's see. Pyromancy was mostly offensive magic, Miracles were largely support abilities and buffs, and Sorceries were a mix of the two. Where would Hexes fit in all this?
Debuffs, maybe?
Pyromancy had the Poison/Toxic/Acid clouds, miracles had TWOP and Vow of Silence, and sorcery had Dark Fog, so perhaps hexes are all that and more under a new heading. Does this mean they'd need another kind of catalyst to use, then?
Don't ya just love speculating? :D

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
"Abysmal Covenant: Discovery the abysmal covenant"

Must join must join must join must join must join must join.

I also noticed there's a trophy for obtaining the Moonlight Greatsword but nothing on Patches....
They're keeping him secret... FromSoft stop torturing us like this...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Well I know nothing about the story still--of course, I played a bit of the first game and had no idea what the story was then either, so not surprising.
These all look like the same Achievements from Dark Souls. Very vague in terms of story details, but very specific in terms of what you need to do.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Diegolomac said:
From games tend to have numerous cameo appearances in practically every game they make. They are rarely actually related to one another in the lore, like Patches existing in both Demon's And Dark Souls, yet they are in no way related to one another, as the games take place in completely separate worlds. As DS2 is a sequel, the Moonlight Greatsword may be the same as the one Seath drops. I look forward to finding out for sure.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
"Brilliant Covenant: Discover a most brilliant covenant"
Sounds like the new Brolaire covenant. The NPC has some big shoes to fill.

Kilt'd

Feb 19, 2013
Synthetica said:
Kilt said:
Soxafloppin said:
"This is Dark Souls" Easiest and fasted earned trophy ever.
Still, props to any gamer who earns it last.
Kinda hard to get that last, since there's an achievement for getting all achievements... So you'll get that one last.
Major props, then.

Eiseth

Nov 19, 2009
FYI I Am Some Guy said:
King of Asgaard said:
Let's see. Pyromancy was mostly offensive magic, Miracles were largely support abilities and buffs, and Scoreries were a mix of the two. Where would Hexes fit in all this?
Hexes are the darker side of miracles. Doing fun things like stealing stamina, slowing or inflicting poison *Nodnod*