Why Rust is The Best Game Ever

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Why Rust is The Best Game Ever

Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.

Read Full Article

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
*starts to slow clap*
bravo, I always love games where you have to try and play mind games to win e.g. trouble in terrorist down game mode in garry's mod.

Dec 14, 2009
Why do I get the impression that Cory is the quiet psychopathic genius, while Grey is just along for the lulz?

XD

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Nice. Now if only these kinds of things could be accomplished in single player games...

Rufus Shinra

Oct 11, 2011
This is why I love a game like Defcon, where you can do this kind of stuff too... in a nuclear warfare game. Betray everyone and get them to shoot each other while they all think you're their very bestest best friend. :)

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Remind me never to play Rust with you. ...or play Rust PERIOD.
Yeah, out of all the reviews I've seen of this game, they tend to have people with friends who play Rust having lots of fun while people who play alone have varying degrees of fun, never as happy as the people with buddies. Not even close.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
So... it's basically EVE Online, but not in space or spreadsheet format? I may have to investigate further.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I think I'll avoid this game. Not because of fear of being ganked, but rather the impulse to give in to psychopathic tendencies is too great. A game that basically allows me to be a serial killer in a digital world, the thought is almost too much.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Welp, chalk this up to a game I'll only ever play if my friends do.

Soooo... probably never. Ah social/multiplayer gaming. Maybe one day, but probably not.

Yagami_Kira

May 18, 2012
nuttshell said:
Kill a player while he's alive...
Where are my bad-anime-translation-macros? Where are they?!
Those aren't bad translations. Its refering to a popular Japanese idiom. A very tough person is described as "he won't die even if we kill him". The most famous of those image macros, from fate stay night, is basicly reaffirming that death is a natural part of life. "People die when they are killed. That's the way it has to be."

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
the rest of my dota team wants me to buy this so we can do just this kinda thing. i really don't want to, this will be same as open world pvp in wow, i really shouldn't feed my inner asshole.
and early access is a horrible concept

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
That's... evil. Carter, if I'm ever stuck in an anarchic situation with you, you understand that I'll now have to kill you preemptively, right? It's nothing personal, of course.

Daystar Clarion said:
Why do I get the impression that Cory is the quiet psychopathic genius, while Grey is just along for the lulz?

XD
I'm pretty sure that any party to this kind of war game is a psychopath. And within the scope of 'Rust', they are now both forever war criminals, that's for certain.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Yeah I'm not playing this game ever. If this is the kind of behavior to expect from the current player base, being a newbie will be all but impossible. Really entertaining and fun GAME that.