Pokemon Bank Re-Launches In Japan, US Launch Info Imminent

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon Bank Re-Launches In Japan, US Launch Info Imminent

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/425815578436059136]
Pokemon Bank and its companion app Poke Transporter are once again available in the Japanese eShop.

Nintendo of America has just issued two Tweets, one stay tuned for info on it's availability around the world [https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/425815499956445184]. Japanese users have confirmed that the app is once again available in the Japanese eShop.

Pokemon Bank, the online cloud storage for Pokemon X and Y, and more importantly it's companion app Poke Transporter, which allows transfer of Pokemon from Black/White Black 2/White 2 to X and Y, was one of the game's most-hyped upcoming features. Unfortunately, it proved to be a little too popular when it first launched in Japan, overloading servers and forcing Nintendo to forced to take it down [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130840-Nintendo-Removes-Pokemon-Bank-From-Japan-3DS-eShop] until it could fix its servers.

This subsequently led to the delay of the service in the Nintendo Network servers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130856-Pokemon-Bank-US-Release-Officially-Delayed] but was still unable to give us a solid re-launch date for the apps in North America, which were originally slated for a December 27 release.

This is great news for Pokemon fans who have been waiting all this time to transfer their cherished Pokemon from generation V to generation VI. The app will come with a yearly service fee, but will have a free 30 day trial period starting from the first day it becomes available.

We will update this post when more information becomes available.

Source: (2) [https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/425815499956445184]

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
PLEASE, NINTENDO, I NEED THIS.

Hopefully they overhauled the servers enough for every region and reinforced the security on any illegal/action-replay transfers.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Magic Conch...will the Pokemon bank ever open in the US?

THE CONCH HAS SPOKEN! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
I think the formatting broke on this post. At least on chrome.

Still, good t osee them having made progress. Still think the servers will break though.

DelphiSantano

Feb 11, 2009
Hopefully the servers will hold out through the release this time, although they shouldn't have to compete as much with the mass registration of so many new Wii U and 3DS users this time.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Already got 706 Dex entries before this, since some people actually got Bank/Transfer before the Crash

Just a FYI, Till yesterday, these pokemon doesn't exist:
-Mew
-Celebi
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Manaphy
-Darkrai
-Shaymin
-Arceus
-Victini
-Keldeo
-Meloetta
-Genesect

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Finally, I've been breeding a whole new team whilst I've been waiting for this to come out... fingers-crossed they'll be launching in Europe around the same time they put it out in the States.

Razhem

Sep 9, 2008
All I care about is if's capable of blocking hacked mons, though seeing all the shinny 6 IV legendary pokemon being traded around seems like it's a gigantic fail on that front.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Woohoo, working and stable bank will arrive, soon. Good, because I'm interested in completing the Pokedex this time, considering how much easier it'll be. Plus. Shiny and oval charm seem like decent rewards.

Still, the GTS needs work. People can claim 6V, hidden ability and all this, but there's no way to tell. I feel I got lucky in that meganium trade the other day, got the promised 5V adamant HA bunnelby. Another trade lied about a 5V vulpix with drought, but I got one from wonder trade last night, so no matter. And I got a wailord entry out of it, so can't complain.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Kaimax said:
Already got 706 Dex entries before this, since some people actually got Bank/Transfer before the Crash

-Manaphy
Weird, I was able to get Phione (it's baby) early this month, and it has the legit marker on it. (and it should be "didn't exist" not "doesn't exist")

OT: This is good and all I suppose, but seeing as I still can't afford it, I'll just stick to the GTS for most of my Pokemon wants/needs. (would do direct trades, but since I can only use the boyfriend's 3DS, he doesn't want me handing out his friend code/adding friend codes)

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Kaimax said:

-Mew
-Celebi
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Manaphy
-Darkrai
-Shaymin
-Arceus
-Victini
-Keldeo
-Meloetta
-Genesect
I have several of those you can see if you want a better chance at completing the Pokedex before the bank comes out. Just let me know if I can help you out. :)

OT: Thanks to some friends of mine and cloning, I've been able to get most of the Pokemon I really wanted from Pokemon bank like Reshiram, Giratina, Meloetta etc. I'm still excited for it, but I'm not desperate to get it anymore.

Rabid_meese

Jan 7, 2014
About damned time.

Might I just add though that the fact that there is a yearly subscription is kind of abhorrent.

I mean, I get it - if they want to charge you for their cloud capabilities, I get it. But bundling that with the ability to transfer Pokemon from older titles? Really? After you're making how much money off of the sales of Pokemon?

Before anyone mentions it, I'm aware of the temporary free trial that lasts till February 21st-ish (might be wrong on that).