Ultra Street Fighter IV Will Feature YouTube Integration

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Ultra Street Fighter IV Will Feature YouTube Integration

The ability to share your perfect matches/incredible comebacks/terrifying, lopsided defeats with the rest of the world will be just a button press away.

For all you online pugilists out there, Capcom's upcoming Ultra Street Fighter IV will feature the ability to directly upload matches to YouTube when the game releases later this year. The feature's inclusion is a pretty natural fit, given the popularity of Street Fighter IV videos already uploaded to that site.

"You'll be able to select any match from your battle log of online matches, and choose whether to upload it in low or high quality, directly to your own YouTube channel," wrote Capcom's David Hinds on the Capcom Unity blog. "Whether it's the best comeback since Daigo VS Justin Wong, or perhaps you had an encounter with a pro-player you want to share, this feature is great for those who are yet to own a direct capture device, and want to show off their favorite Ultra Street Fighter IV moments!"

Hinds promised additional features were still coming for Ultra Street Fighter 4's June release. Ultra Street Fighter IV will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 for $40. Those who already own the previous edition of the game, Super Street Fighter IV, can download a patch for $15 to update that game to the new Ultra version. The game will also be available on PC for $30. All versions of Ultra Street Fighter IV will include balance tweaks, new gameplay mechanics and additional characters.

And for those of you who not familiar with the famous Daigo vs. Justin Wong Street Fighter match Hinds referred to, you can see it in this video <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ>here. You've still got a couple months to perfect it before you upload your own version in June!

Source: Venture Beat

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
So how many iterations of Street Fighter IV are we up to? And will Angry Joe cry this time?

Chaosritter said:
Oh boy, the content bot will go insane! :D
Hasn't Capcom been one of the people trolling (as in the fishing term) YouTube for their content, too?

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
No WAY they stop here. With the PS4's "share" button right on the control, I give this game a mere 6 months after the last release before new systems get an even better version.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
So how many iterations of Street Fighter IV are we up to? And will Angry Joe cry this time?

Chaosritter said:
Hasn't Capcom been one of the people trolling (as in the fishing term) YouTube for their content, too?
It's just the fourth, and if you skipped the third one, this one is actually quite decent with a lot of new content. I'm defineately looking forward to it, since i only bought Super Street Fighter, i think there's 9 new characters or something like that.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Quick clarification:

Hinds promised additional features were still coming for Ultra Street Fighter 4's June release. Ultra Street Fighter IV will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 for $40. Those who already own the previous edition of the game, Super Street Fighter IV, can download a patch for $15 to update that game to the new Ultra version. The game will also be available on PC for $30.
If I own the previous iterations of Street Fighter IV on PC, am I on the hook for $15 ("...download a patch for $15 to update the game...") or $30 ("The game will also be available on PC...")? The way that quote is structured, it implies the PC version is excluded from the $15 patch offer. Is that the case or are all cross-platform patch options the same price?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Rituro said:
Quick clarification:

Hinds promised additional features were still coming for Ultra Street Fighter 4's June release. Ultra Street Fighter IV will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 for $40. Those who already own the previous edition of the game, Super Street Fighter IV, can download a patch for $15 to update that game to the new Ultra version. The game will also be available on PC for $30.
If I own the previous iterations of Street Fighter IV on PC, am I on the hook for $15 ("...download a patch for $15 to update the game...") or $30 ("The game will also be available on PC...")? The way that quote is structured, it implies the PC version is excluded from the $15 patch offer. Is that the case or are all cross-platform patch options the same price?
If the PC release of the Arcade Edition is any indication, PC players would have to pay the $30 as if it were a "separate title".

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Kheapathic said:
BlameTheWizards said:
... And for those of you who not familiar with the famous Daigo vs. Justin Wong Street Fighter match Hinds referred to, you can see it in this video <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ>here. You've still got a couple months to perfect it before you upload your own version in June!
Except the parry system in SF3 is nothing like the focus attack system in SF4, even with the red focus attack allowing you to tank multiple hits.

MrBaskerville said:
Zachary Amaranth said:

Chaosritter said:
It's just the fourth, and if you skipped the third one, this one is actually quite decent with a lot of new content. I'm defineately looking forward to it, since i only bought Super Street Fighter, i think there's 9 new characters or something like that.
Only 5 new characters up from SSF4AE.

Street Fighter IV had 25.
Super Street Fighter IV made it to 35.
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition made it to 39.
Ultra Super Street Fighter IV is gonna have 44; and the 5th new character is still unannounced.
But if you didn't buy Arcade (as i didn't) you technically end up with 9 new characters :D.