New Japanese-Developed Bra Only Opens When a Woman is "In Love"

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
New Japanese-Developed Bra Only Opens When a Woman is "In Love"

A Japanese lingerie company has developed an app and a bra as part of its "True Love Test," which cannot be unhooked without "true love."

Can you believe there's a bra developed that only unhooks when the person wearing it is "in love?" This is what Japanese lingerie maker Ravijour has made with its "True Love Test" as part of its 10th anniversary. In the video explaining and demoing the technology, it states that people in love experience an "instant boost in excitement" that is unlike any other excitement people encounter in life. When this is triggered, the adrenal medulla then secretes "catecholamine," which then affects the autonomic nerve and thus stimulates a person's heart rate. The device works by sensing the woman's heart rate signal and sends it to a special app via Bluetooth to be analyzed. Once done, the app calculates the "True Love Rate" based on changes to the woman's heart rate over time and once it reaches a certain value, the bra unhooks automatically.

Currently, the "True Love Tester" is not for sale, but if you purchase 5,000 Yen (around $50) worth of Ravijour lingerie, you can then enter a draw to win a chance to test it out at hotels in six different cities across Japan.

Needless to say, this is something parents and women might be interested in to make sure any activity done is made out of love and not out of any spur-of-the-moment ideas or intoxication. Of course, this is with the belief that how the app analyzes love is the real deal.

Would you want this bra to be available commercially or would it cause more problems than it solves?

Source:Kotaku [http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1401/24/news091.html]

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Not sure if I should be impressed or...

It seems like the sort of thing conservative parents would whole-heartedly support.

I am still not sure how to react to this, I mean, what if people just want to have sex for fun?

It reminds me of that chastity belt from that Robin Hood spoof.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
"any activity is done out of love"? You can still cop a feel through a bra and it's not like you lose your virginity through your boobs.

That aside, how do you take it off? Scare yourself? Give yourself an O?

This just seems like an unnecessary invention! Talk about over engineering something! "I can't get my bra off 'cos I'm not in love ...".

Jeez!

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
Couldn't it just unhook itself out in public then?

And not like you need to take the bra off to have sex. lol

gittonsxv

Mar 29, 2011
it seems pointless and gimmicky as all hell,
can you imagine if your clothes flew off every time you got aroused? oh it would be amazing.

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
seditary said:
Couldn't it just unhook itself out in public then?

And not like you need to take the bra off to have sex. lol
Up next: "True Love Test" panties!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013

Seriously, that's quality rave music. Japan, you've done it again!

Seriously, though, I hope this doesn't lead to a shocking spike in cases of women's bras firing open and catapulting around public areas. That would be a faux pas.

Visteri

Aug 9, 2011
So...Are you supposed to just keep it on all the time? When you're sleeping? In the shower? Wearing a strapless dress?

Do you have to fall in love every time you want to remove your bra?

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Wait, so what if you put it on in the morning and don't fall in love during the day? Do you just have to keep wearing it for years until you find your true love?

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
The fact is you don't need to unhook a bra to get it off, most bra straps are strechy enough for you to just pull it wider and up over the girls head. Or failing that sliding it downward doesn't require any effort (on a non-fat girl anyway, I don't mean that offensively).

The hooks are just for practically.

It's the same as a coat or shirt, the idea may be to use the zippier/buttons to get it on and off, but you don't really need to.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Since it unhooks based on heart rate, other things that will unhook this bra (remember, it unhooks automatically):

Exercising.

Watching a scary movie.

Being held up at knife point. Just imagine this one. "Give me all your money and no one gets hurt!" *bra unhooks* "Uhhhh...."

Justank

Nov 17, 2010
Azuaron said:
Since it unhooks based on heart rate, other things that will unhook this bra (remember, it unhooks automatically):

Exercising.

Watching a scary movie.

Being held up at knife point. Just imagine this one. "Give me all your money and no one gets hurt!" *bra unhooks* "Uhhhh...."
While I don't find the bra to be particularly effective at anything it is intending to do, based on what was shown in the video for the bra to unhook your heart rate needs to be within certain parameters. They had a high heart rate level labeled jogging as an example of where it wouldn't unhook, so very specific circumstances would be needed, and any kind of fight or flight reactions are likely to be too high.

Edit: I just looked at that spot again, and it appears you need to be within the parameters for an extended period of time as well. This is speculation on what is shown in the video, but it makes sense so your bra isn't just popping off every ten minutes.

Coakle

Nov 21, 2013
People who ask "How will I take off my bra, if I don't fall in love?" are missing the point.

You just need to look in a mirror. At the end of every day, this bra challenges you to love yourself. Ravijour's is spearheading fashion that works to improve the wearer's quality of life through self-reflection.

I'm anxious to see more clothes created with these ideas.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Never thought I'd see the day where an eloping couple would have to keep track of her catecholamine secretion levels... as if there wasn't enough for them to keep track of already.

Does she have to watch the Notebook or read Jane Austin every time she wants to go to bed by herself?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
So, what if a woman truly falls in love with the wrong kind of man who just wants to get in her panties?

You know, like those examples they gave in the beginning of the video?

Coakle

Nov 21, 2013
Azuaron said:
Watching a scary movie.
Now I can't stop imagining an Asylum version of 'Her.'

The Iphone sends a signal that unhooks her bra during a scary movie.

Siri, are you trying to seduce me?

Naw babe, that was just your elevated heart-rate. *moves closer by rumbling*

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Such a bad idea on so many levels!

One had better hope the bra never mis-reads something like nervousness as love... "I'm glad that so many of you have come here tonight to see me speak, I-" *SPROING*

Also, assuming the purity of the designers' motive, wouldn't it be far more useful to check if the would-be paramour who wants to unhook the bra is in love?