Check Out The Trailer for Game of Thrones Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Check Out The Trailer for Game of Thrones Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing

HBO has released a trailer for its upcoming Game of Thrones featurette, "Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing."

Game of Thrones' fourth season won't actually hit the airwaves until April, but, like any good drug dealer, HBO is giving fans a taste. Next month, "Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing," a 15-minute featurette about the forthcoming season [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131649-Game-of-Thrones-Featurette-Ice-and-Fire-A-Foreshadowing-Airs-Feb-9], will air just before a new episode of True Detective.

"A Foreshadowing" will be a mixture of behind-the-scenes footage, cast interviews, and clips from upcoming episodes. Plus, it will look back at the previous seasons in order to provide a bit of context, and remind fans that their lives are more fulfilling when new episodes of Game of Thrones are being aired.

Over the weekend, HBO released a trailer for the 15-minute featurette, which seems a little strange when you consider that "A Foreshadowing" is basically an extended trailer for season four. So, this is a trailer for a trailer. But you're going to watch it either way, so the folks at HBO obviously knows they're doing.

"Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing" will air on Sunday, February 9th at 8:45 pm ET/PT, and the fourth season of Game of Thrones will premier on Sunday, April 6th. Until then, this 30-second trailer will have to tide you over.

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orL73Y2qmKM]

SNCommand

Aug 29, 2011
Whitewalkers show up and kill everyone in the end

Except for the Dragons of course, they survive, they burn all the whitewalkers and then they have dragon intercourse

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
SNCommand said:

Except for the Dragons of course, they survive, they burn all the whitewalkers and then they have dragon intercourse
fucking hell man... put up spoiler warnings!!!

but lol, a trailer for a preview with trailers...

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
suitepee7 said:
SNCommand said:

My hope is that A Foreshadowing will not be a trailer, so much as a 'Behind the Scenes' promo. I've liked interviews with the actors in the past and am hoping there'll be a lot of that than just five second clips of them saying "I like GoT, buy the DVDs." Even then, a lot of shows are doing these episode-length plot summaries to play catch up for anyone with bad memories, as well as help introduce new audiences so they won't be lost without watching three back-seasons of content.

I am a fan of either of these options, so I just hope it isn't a bunch of mini-spoilers. Granted, it IS called A Foreshadowing so I guess I should be expecting just that :(

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
TiberiusEsuriens said:
suitepee7 said:
SNCommand said:

My hope is that A Foreshadowing will not be a trailer, so much as a 'Behind the Scenes' promo. I've liked interviews with the actors in the past and am hoping there'll be a lot of that than just five second clips of them saying "I like GoT, buy the DVDs." Even then, a lot of shows are doing these episode-length plot summaries to play catch up for anyone with bad memories, as well as help introduce new audiences so they won't be lost without watching three back-seasons of content.

I am a fan of either of these options, so I just hope it isn't a bunch of mini-spoilers. Granted, it IS called A Foreshadowing so I guess I should be expecting just that :(
see i'm in agreement, i would have really liked that. but IIRC it's 15 minutes, which doesn't really give it much time for interviews with lots of the cast, just snippets, buzzphrases and trailers. i'll probably watch it anyway, and i'm glad they're doing something, i just wish it was something more without mini-spoilers (i have read the books so it's not really spoiling anything, but it spoils how they choose to present it in the tv)