GOG's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale to Offer Site's Biggest Discounts Ever

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
GOG's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale to Offer Site's Biggest Discounts Ever

Gamers will be able to purchase select titles for as little as $0.59 cents during the DRM-Free GOG's Time Machine Sale.

GOG is no stranger to big sales. In fact, the online retailer offers hefty discounts on portions of its stock most every weekend. That being the case, fans of PC games, old school and new school alike, may want to hop over to the digital distributor in the next few days to take advantage of its newly announced DRM-Free Time Machine Sale, which will feature the site's biggest discounts to date.

The sale, which aims to "celebrate the pioneers of the medium and the subsequent acclaimed classics," will feature heavy discounts on a variety of titles from the various eras of the industry's history. Customers will have the option of lengthening or shortening sales by voting for or buying sale game. The promo will see some prices slashed as low as $0.59 and will include games such as Wizardry, Deus Ex, Legend of Grimlock, The Witcher and Spelunky, amongst others.

Gamers eager to open their wallets for the sale, in turn, won't have to wait long. According to a release from GOG, the DRM-Free Time Machine Sale is set to launch tomorrow, January 28th at 9:00AM EST. Suffice it to say we'll be keeping an eye on the site to see the full extent of its offers.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Always interesting to see GOG playing with odd sale ideas, but here's hoping this one works better than that stupid Insomnia sale.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
It's hard for me to get excited for a sale without knowing what all will be on sale or for how much.

P.S. Thanks

P.P.S. In spite of numerous GOG purchases, I've never actually played a game I bought there. I swear, it's almost as bad as Steam in that regard.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Oh. I hope they prepared their servers. We still remember the overload they got on Christmas sale :D

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
GOG, I love yeh, I do. But is anyone really going, "Gee, I'd buy that game, but $5.99 is just such an investment"?

(Yes, I know there are a few games on their site that are (gasp!) more than $10, but still...)