Replica Shows What One Pound of Human Body Fat Looks Like

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Replica Shows What One Pound of Human Body Fat Looks Like

One pound of human body fat made out of vinyl plastic is being sold online and it might make you want to start dieting.

While we can't open our bodies, dive in and take out globs of fat tissue to see what it looks like, Anatomy Warehouse has the next best thing [http://www.anatomywarehouse.com/body-fat-replica-1-lb-on-base-a-101864], as it's selling a full replica of what one pound of human body fat looks like in all its jiggly glory. Priced at $23, it's made of soft, pliable, long-lasting vinyl plastic, which oddly looks like oily jello.

Dramatic three-dimensional visual replicas of human fat. A shocking but strongly motivating attention-getter. Made of soft, pliable, long-lasting vinyl plastic, this replica has a profound, memorable effect when passed among the audience. Replica represents approximate volume of real fatty tissue. Physical weight of object may NOT be 1 Pound - The replica represents the volume of 1 Pound of fatty tissue on base. Made in the USA by Nasco.

It might be a strange addition to someone's desk, but having this displayed in front of you might make dieting and getting rid of that unwanted fat a little easier. Regardless of your weight, the item might be a good conversation piece, though just don't blame us when people lose their appetite when they find out what it is.

Source: Gizmodo [http://www.anatomywarehouse.com/body-fat-replica-1-lb-on-base-a-101864]

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Is it bad that I'm reading this while sat in a coffee shop eating my lunch? (brie and bacon panini with a latte and slice of cake, for the record) And also that it has done absolutely nothing to put me off my food? Hey, I know I need to lose weight, I'm about 13 and a half stone (which isn't really fat, but I'd rather be as slim and toned as I was before I went to university, about 5 years ago...), but this isn't going to be the trigger considering I already started to lose last month :p

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
It's a fat.
So?

P.S. Well, I guess there are people who have never seen raw fat, but then again how is that disgusting?

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
that is indeed pretty gross looking, but most bodily constructs aren't especially pleasing to the eye. Still, I approve of anything that results in more activity, so if this works, good on it. XD

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
It looks like a mushed up orange.
Nice Avatar, and ya I don't see the big deal, anyone who has skinned an animal/gutted a fish knows what fat looks like. Particularly certain types of fish tend to be very fatty.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Eh, this kind of thing has been around for a while now. Probably over ten years at least.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
27$ for one pound of fake human fat?

Imagine what people would pay for -real- human fat!

1. Open liposuction clinic in USA or Mexico
2. Suck it
3. Profit!

Also, I'm feeling queasy.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I don't get why that's shocking. Sure, it's not pretty, but neither is a liver. Or lungs. Or kidneys. You get my point.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
is it wrong that the object in the picture actually looks tasty to me? then again i sure do have enough of my own fat to go around as it is.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Reminds me of one of those gummy fried eggs I used to love so much, though a bit on the melted side. And now I'm hungry. Thanks fake fat! Now I'm gonna end up with more real fat.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I... Remember this...! One of the chemists near where I now work had one of these years and years ago! Of course, the one at the chemist was just a display thing, and was 1kg rather than 1lb, but it looks almost identical.

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
This... Looks... Uh...
I need to lose weight. Now. As soon as I can. That, or start hunting.
Anyway... I can see the use in this, as motivation for the overweight to lose weight.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Shock horror, fat looks like fat. Next up, do bears shit in the woods? Find out from our investigative team right after the break.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Interesting, I suppose. A much what I figured it looked like. Just a little more yellow that I had imagined. But I am quite certain their are other things inside you that would be far more shocking to see a high detailed replica of...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
smithy_2045 said:
Shock horror, fat looks like fat. Next up, do bears shit in the woods? Find out from our investigative team right after the break.
Chipmunks naked in public! Birds making obscene displays of courting that could be overheard by young people!

OT: I guess it would be interesting to get one of those just to know what it feels like and see if I could make an shapes of it.

Also it's one pound of fat... yes it doesn't look pretty, but it's not like one pound of muscle tissue looks pretty either. I can't see why this would make anyone motivated to exercise. Then again I am preparing to cut organs in order to isolate carbohydrates so I might not be part ofthat particular group.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I don't want a dramatic piece of fat in my house. There's enough drama in my life without it.

(All jokes aside, the overused adjectives used to advertise this thing are way more disgusting than the glob of fat itself. I don't see what's so disgusting and shocking about it m'self.)

wackymon said:
This... Looks... Uh...
I need to lose weight. Now. As soon as I can. That, or start hunting.
Anyway... I can see the use in this, as motivation for the overweight to lose weight.
Calm down, Usain Bolt. There's parts of you way more disgusting than that fossilized Fanta trophy, but don't go jumping into a fire to burn your whole organism to ash.

I mean...ash isn't disgusting at least, right? It's nice and soft, like fine sand.