Store Costumes and Wigs in the First Luggage Made for Cosplayers

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Store Costumes and Wigs in the First Luggage Made for Cosplayers

Coscase is a carry-on style luggage case designed for traveling cosplayers' storage of costumes, wigs, props, and make-up.

Making the costume is the first battle; transporting it is the next battle. Manufacturer Frentrep has developed a luggage case called Coscase, and it's designed with cosplayers in mind. Coscase is about the size of most carry-on luggage cases, but it's equipped with plenty of extras that make moving costumes to an event more convenient.

Frentrep is crowdfunding Coscase on Motion Gallery, a Japanese crowdfunding website. Each basic set, which includes the case and one strap, costs approximately $150. Unfortunately, the price may be out of budget for many cosplayers.

The body of the case is designed to be small enough to fit between bus seats, but it can also expand to accommodate storage of a wig case for any wigs that require too much styling to put into a bag. The body of the luggage comes in black, light blue, and purple, and the side and back straps come in several colors of which customers can choose two. The straps can be used to hold long props such as swords or equipment like umbrellas, or they can hold a jacket in place.

Most unique to this luggage is a removable make-up table for cosplayers on the go, but it would also be useful for making use of limited space in a cramped hotel room. The table can be secured to the top of the luggage and is flat and sturdy for holding portable mirrors and make-up. When not in use, the make-up table fits in a pounch inside the case.

Coscase can only be purchased through its crowdfunding campaign on Motion Gallery. The campaign ends March 31 with a target goal of approximately $31,000.

Source: Anime News Network [https://motion-gallery.net/projects/coscase]

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
My sister might like this, cuz she needs a good luggage to fit her huge Mexican dresses and accessories.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Speaking as a cosplayer, $150 is absolutely not out of budget. One of my costumes cost upwards of $500 plus labor to make.
TO protect our horrendously expensive costumes, we'd be willing to shell out that cash.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Klagermeister said:
Speaking as a cosplayer, $150 is absolutely not out of budget. One of my costumes cost upwards of $500 plus labor to make.
TO protect our horrendously expensive costumes, we'd be willing to shell out that cash.
Just out of curiosity, what costume is this?
I've always found it hard to place a value on other people's hobbies. But I always find it interesting how much money (and even more effort) can go into most of them. The results of all the effort put into these investment- and effort-heavy hobbies (cosplayers, larpers etc.) look pretty awesome most of the time.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
As a cosplayer, this could come in very handy.
$150 isn't too much at all. Just a normal suitcase can cost that much.
My cosplays are usually done on the cheap so I'm not too disheartened if anything happens but of course I'd like to avoid that.
My Fluttershy wings got bent out of shape and a necklace somehow managed to get tangled in one of my wigs so I'd like this.

Especially with my corsets, if they get bent out of shape, it's a nightmare.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
rofltehcat said:
Klagermeister said:
I've always found it hard to place a value on other people's hobbies. But I always find it interesting how much money (and even more effort) can go into most of them. The results of all the effort put into these investment- and effort-heavy hobbies (cosplayers, larpers etc.) look pretty awesome most of the time.
It's definitely not the best picture, but it's technically not done. Gotta weather it and what have you.

Dandres

Apr 7, 2013
Cosplay really adds up one yard of fabric at a time. If someone could update this with a way to buy it in the US this would make a great birthday gift.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Klagermeister said:
rofltehcat said:
Klagermeister said:
It's definitely not the best picture, but it's technically not done. Gotta weather it and what have you.
Someone get that pirate an Iron! just joking, that rocks

OT: this isn't expensive for a normal suitcase let alone one that may protect hundreds of pounds worth of gear