Jaimie Alexander's Sif Breaks Into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Jaimie Alexander's Sif Breaks Into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will host Marvel Studio's next crossover when Sif comes to Earth on a mission from Odin.

WARNING: Minor Thor: The Dark World spoilers below.

Perhaps the best part of following Marvel's cinematic universe, other than watching The Avengers smack Loki around, is seeing how every detail connects. Major and minor characters alike have been crossing franchises to tell an enormous story, with Jaimie Alexander's Sif providing the latest example. After gaining a strong following with her work on <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129289-Jamie-Alexander-Says-Thor-3-is-on-The-Way>the Thor movies, Sif will soon appear on an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as she teams up with Marvel's spies to put down an Asgardian-level threat.

"We always have our radar up for ways to tie our series into the Marvel films and bringing in an Asgardian really cements that connection," executive producer Jed Whedon explained. "Lady Sif comes here on a hunting mission - sent by Odin - to find her arch-enemy Lorelei and bring her back to Asgard. It throws our agents for a loop when they find themselves in a fight right alongside this powerful woman from Thor's world."

If you've seen Thor: The Dark World, you're already aware that Loki is currently sitting on Asgard's throne, which raises some interesting questions of what he plans for Lorelei. On the set, however, everyone seems far more focused on the spectacle of a badass Asgardian warrior working with government agents. "Jaimie walked onto the set in full Lady Sif regalia just as she looks in the movies - from the huge, mile-high boots to the metal armor - and she towered over everyone," executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen said. "It was so striking and impressive, all we could do was stare. It was very cool!"

Jaimie Alexander will appear in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode "Yes Men" on March 11, 2014, which I suspect will also lay groundwork <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129289-Jamie-Alexander-Says-Thor-3-is-on-The-Way>for the upcoming Thor 3.

Source: <a href=http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jaimie-Alexander-Thor-Agents-SHIELD-1077480.aspx>TV Guide

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Haven't seen Thor: The Dark World yet.....cheers.

EDIT: Forgive my derpyness....

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Nimcha said:
anthony87 said:
Haven't seen Thor: The Dark World yet.....cheers.
It says there are spoilers for that in the second sentence!
Well shit, I admit I kinda skimmed random parts and my eyes happened to rest on the spoiler.

My bad. ^_^

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Mr Ink 5000 said:
wonder if she'll be in Avengers 2, to reduce the sausage ratio. it's needed
Well if Antman movie comes out and Wasp is in that one, there's one.
Then we get an Alien too (maybe not in Av2 though? Talking about potential GuardianOfGalaxy member)
And there have been some rumours about the Scarlet Witch and Quicksílver to appear in the end clip of Captain America WS.

But yeah, haven't really thought about this thing earlier... can certainly see why balancing it out genderwise could be a nice thing to do.

Looking forward to this AGENTS episode :)

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Guffe said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Well if Antman movie comes out and Wasp is in that one, there's one.
Then we get an Alien too (maybe not in Av2 though? Talking about potential GuardianOfGalaxy member)
And there have been some rumours about the Scarlet Witch and Quicksílver to appear in the end clip of Captain America WS.

But yeah, haven't really thought about this thing earlier... can certainly see why balancing it out genderwise could be a nice thing to do.

Looking forward to this AGENTS episode :)
I think the Ant Man movie is set to release after Avengers 2, so unless Wasp shows up as a cameo she probably isn't going to be in it. It would be good to see Whatsherface Hill and Lady Sif playing some bigger roles in an Avengers movie, but given how many big names they've already got to cram in to the plot I get the feeling they will be kind of sidelined even if they were to make an appearance.

It's why I hope Enchantress shows up in the Marvel movies, she could take the men out of action and we would get to see the women step up to the plate and save the world.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
How is Loki deposing Odin a *minor* spoiler... seems pretty significant to me. Definitely looking forward to this episode.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Probably not. They did add Scarlet Witch though, so that's a grand total of three women in the next Avengers!

Yeah, not much I know. I really want to see Carol Danvers make an appearance in these movies.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I've been waiting for an episode like this. Fury showing up for one episode was nice, but so far this show hasn't really felt like it's part of the world. It's felt like it was just hammered onto to edge. This episode though should prove good.

And I'm glad it's Lady Sif. She never seems to get much screen time in the Thor movies.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
As a purposely tie-in series, I think this is totally best for the show. The original cast is decent, but the Marvel movie side cast is so solid but gets too little screen time. So long as they don't pull a "hey look it's Thor's girl" moment and actually focus on Sif being a badass this could be great.