Larian Studios Helps Divinity Fan Propose To His Girlfriend

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Larian Studios Helps Divinity Fan Propose To His Girlfriend

Larian Studios, developer of the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin, recently helped a fan ask his girlfriend if she'd click "yes."

Once in awhile it's nice to be able to enjoy a simple, heartwarming story about videogames and the people who love them - and who love each other, too. People like Daniel and Dolores, for instance, who enjoyed a very special moment in Larian's studio in Ghent, Belgium.

Last Monday, Daniel brought Dolores to the studio under the pretense of testing Divinity: Original Sin, Larian's upcoming RPG. That in itself is pretty cool - Larian looks like the kind of game studio I'd love to spend time with - but the real surprise came by way of the game's editor, which allows users to create their own custom campaigns. In this case, Daniel created a chest for Dolores to find, which included a very special treasure and dialog option. No spoilers, but what are the odds that we'd be writing about this if it ended in tears?

Believe it or not, this isn't the first such proposal to have taken place with the aid of the game. "You can imagine that we never expected to become a wedding agency when we started developing Divinity: Original Sin, yet that's exactly what's happened," Larian wrote on its YouTube page. "As we've been developing Divinity: Original Sin we've already played host to several proposals via the game's cooperative dialog system and we have a backlog of prospective husbands and wives looking to surprise their future better halves with unforgettable in-game proposals."

Congratulations to Daniel and Dolores and best wishes for the future - I hope your surprise side-quest keeps you happy for many years to come.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6CfF6v2710]

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Am i the only one around here (Shoot me now for using that phrase, please) That would like news messages if the sig other said no. Now note, these need to include video.

Still, congratulations to the couple, even though they will probably never read this.

I do wonder how many more gamers plan on taking this route. Divinity won't mind, free advertising is the best kind.