Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser Delivers 15 Seconds of Cosmic Action

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser Delivers 15 Seconds of Cosmic Action

A new Guardians of the Galaxy teaser provides peeks at Korath the Pursuer, Groot, Gamora and Star-Lord.

While the Marvel movies have generally been solid across the board, I'll confess to having a bit of a preference for the nuttier, more cosmic slicesof the film universe. Up until now that's mostly been represented by the Thor flicks. That said, if a recent teaser of Guardians of the Galaxy is any indicator, however, Marvel's latest blockbuster might have what it takes to claim the prize for the most out there comic book film we've seen yet (and it doesn't even show off the talking raccoon).

The fifteen second teaser focuses in primarily on Chris Pratt's Star-Lord. The trailer starts with Djimon Hounso (Korath the Pursuer) asking Pratt's character who he is. From there it flies into a rapid-fire montage of brief clips providing glimpses of Zoe Saldana's Gamora, Vin Diesel's Groot and, of course, lots and lots of people doing bodily harm to each other.

For my part, the most exciting parts are the brief bits of footage hinting at the presence of sci-fi space battles in the film. The smaller scale stuff looks pretty danged cool too, of course, but I've always been a sucker for improbable looking spaceships making each other explode. Here's hoping the full film doesn't skimp on that. All in all, it's a solid teaser and certainly has me looking forward to the full-fledged trailer set to air this evening <a href=http://www.mstarz.com/articles/26374/20140218/guardians-galaxy-trailer-debuts-tonight-jimmy-kimmel-live-chris-pratt.html>on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFPyMOHcHQ>YouTube

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
StewShearer said:
(and it doesn't even show off the talking raccoon).
I know, right? I just watched this and my first thought was, "Where is the raccoon?" I want to see, and hear, the raccoon. :-( It does look awesome though. Very excited about this because of how out there it seems to be.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I have no idea why it doesn't showcase Rocket at all. A little disappointed. Also, am I the only one who thinks Gamora looks... off? Like, I feel they could have done a better job making her look unique. She just kinda looks like a green chick from OG Start Trek.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I went through the trailer keeping stopping to try to see everything. There is a furry thing with a gun behind the tree guy at 0:15, you can barely see it though.

Trailer looks good for its length. I know nothing of Guardians of the Galaxy, but am looking forward to it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sniper Team 4 said:
StewShearer said:
I know, right? I just watched this and my first thought was, "Where is the raccoon?" I want to see, and hear, the raccoon. :-( It does look awesome though. Very excited about this because of how out there it seems to be.
I think I saw him behind Groot (the tree alien). I guessing they are saving the best for later.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
StewShearer said:
I think I saw him behind Groot (the tree alien). I guessing they are saving the best for later.
Yeah, it looks like him for a brief flash. Still, I'd have put him front and center.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
I really want to get into Guardians of the Galaxy, except WWE Superstar Batista is playing Drax. And if anyone remembers his final heel run before he tried (and failed) his hand at MMA, well, you'll know how shocking his acting is.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
TerribleAssassin said:
I really want to get into Guardians of the Galaxy, except WWE Superstar Batista is playing Drax. And if anyone remembers his final heel run before he tried (and failed) his hand at MMA, well, you'll know how shocking his acting is.
I dunno, he was fairly decent in Riddick and Man with the Iron Fists.

As for The Racoon, come on people. There's more to the series than him..

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
DoctorImpossible said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM

I was wrong. No Ronan either, dammit. Still, pretty tight.
If you want to embed youtube videos you just go like this

[ youtube = all the letters and numbers after the euquals sign in the videos URL ]

without any spaces.

I have no idea who any of those guys are, but it looks intresting enough. I just have one question, does the raccoon 'Rocket' talk?

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Makabriel said:
I dunno, he was fairly decent in Riddick and Man with the Iron Fists.
Both were average movies, a bad actor in an average film makes it less obvious. But when he's in a film with Bradley Cooper, John C. Reilly and Karen Gillan? I have a sinking suspicion his flaws will become much more apparent.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
StewShearer said:
Scarim Coral said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
StewShearer said:
Yeah, it looks like him for a brief flash. Still, I'd have put him front and center.
I dont think putting a CGI animal front and center in your superhero movie would be a good idea for your first trailer.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
I have no idea who any of those guys are, but it looks intresting enough. I just have one question, does the raccoon 'Rocket' talk?
The trailer spoiled the movie in regards to Rocket; we're going to go in expecting a pretty quiet raccoon - well, maybe he'll scream and yell war cries and make raccoon sounds and the like, but when things aren't in the middle of battle we won't really expect him to be all that talkative.

We will be sadly disappointed because when we see the movie we're going to see that the @%#$*#$ raccoon never shuts the #$%@ up. You kill him and he keeps talking. You shove Groot into his mouth and he keeps talking. You chop his tongue out and shoot it into a black hole and he keeps talking. You tell him no nookie if he keeps talking and he keeps talking. You tell him "We are so going to get both Galactus AND the Phoenix to tag team your @$$ if you don't shut up." and while he's being tag teamed, he's still talking. You transport him into the DC Universe and he keeps talking. You send him into the Image universe from the mid-90's and he keeps talking there too, but at least there he's asking everyone "What's up with all the pouches?" and "Where are your feet?", so we get to think of him as a little furry Deadpool. Which is a nice change of pace.

DoctorImpossible

Jan 18, 2013
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
If you want to embed youtube videos you just go like this
You kids and your fancy embedded videos. When I was a lad we had to scrawl links in the dirt with sticks. Sticks!

Yep. Bradley Cooper is voicing him.