Thief: It's Always a Sex Thing

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Thief: It's Always a Sex Thing

You could say... the art direction was gimped. HUEHUEHUE.

Read Full Article

Mister Chippy

Jun 12, 2013
Oh god my sides. I totally agree about the costume by the way. Doesn't really make much sense.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yeah, seems like this reboot is getting the overall thumbs down from fans of the series.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
OH god damnit!
I got snot all over my pizza from laughing so hard!

I'm still going to eat it...
Students can't be choosers.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Oh dear God Sisters of Mercy. The horror, the horror I used to wear a white suit and the mirror shades from the temple of love video. It was the 80s but still my EYES, MY EYES.

DSP_Zulu

Jun 4, 2013
Mister Chippy said:
Oh god my sides. I totally agree about the costume by the way. Doesn't really make much sense.
Eh... sorta? That *IS* what a Housebreaker's Harness looks like, mostly. Though i haven't played the game and it probably is just his costume as opposed to being an actual housebreakers harness.

The point of the harness is that it supports your body so you can anchor it to a rope or wall and have your hands free to pick a lock, cut out a pane of glass, etc; and it also holds all of the tools you'd need to do that in places you can reach them while you're anchored. There are some examples of them going back to the dark ages. But im not sure if the gameplay actually reflects that or not.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
If the lption to hit the comments below the comic completely gone, or am I not seeing it?

Mister Chippy said:
Or it makes perfect sense, as the comic demonstrates. If he gets caught, it makes perfect sense that he's flailing on that bound and gagged guy!

erttheking said:
Yeah, seems like this reboot is getting the overall thumbs down from fans of the series.
The real question is how it fares with the BDSM community!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Zachary Amaranth said:
The real question is how it fares with the BDSM community!
It isn't safe sane or consensual, putting on the same level of fifty shades of gray in its understanding of how BDSM works

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Yeah.
Not every game needs distinct look for protagonist.
Being as bland and unnoticeable is the point to thieves
You can't exactly blend with crowd when you look as if you just left wild BDSM orgy
Unless it is crowd that was present in said orgy
But what are chances of finding such crowd?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
blackrave said:
Ever read the book "Perfume" or have you watched the movie? If not, I'd really advise against it for the sake of your sanity. However, there's a scene where the costume would totally make sense.

Never thought I would think of referencing that on a gaming forum...

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
blackrave said:
Not good enough, I'll tell you that!

OT: Hilarious, funniest Critical Miss I've read in some time. While the social commentary stuff can be interesting or useful, they tend to lack the humor found in your video game related strips.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Leather is stealthy.
Eyeshadow makes you silent.

Also what's the "victim" saying? "It's not what it seems [NRPH]"? That's my best guess.

rednightmare

Apr 17, 2009
You know, this kind of reminded me of how a lot of female characters are dressed: Ridiculously, just for the look of the outfit and making no sense at all.

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
blackrave said:
Yeah.
Not every game needs distinct look for protagonist.
Being as bland and unnoticeable is the point to thieves
You can't exactly blend with crowd when you look as if you just left wild BDSM orgy
The third act of the game involves sneaking though a house of carnal pleasures. Crowd found!

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Over dressed nonsensary works in a JRPG but not so well in a stealth game. I really do wonder if any thieves or spies
really do wear skin tight bodysuits when on the job.

Greyknight1024

Mar 9, 2012
Seems about right, man on the left needs to learn that a fuck harness is normally attached to the ceiling. 10/10 though except the whole non consenting part. Now we know why most of the guards always seem distracted..the things the must walk in and see. No wonder thy are quick to dismiss noises they hear.

-guard- WHAT WAS THAT!

-older guard- i did not hear anything and neither did you!

-but sir we should..

-DO YOU WANT TO WALK IN ON SOME MAN ON MAN KINKY THINGS?

-newbie proceeds to cry, older guard continues to drink the memories away.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Undomesticated Equine said:
Well in my head this started playing
That made me laugh more than it should have.

Yeah, not a fan of the design. Looks like it would make too much noise but that's just my opinion.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, I did not expect to see that. But yeah, the costume of the new Thief just looks god-awful. Also, the first song that came to mind looking at the 4th panel was "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.