Gotham Casts Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Gotham Casts Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle

Gotham's new TV series won't just focus on Jim Gordon, but also the young characters transforming into iconic costumed personalities.

Fox's upcoming Gotham series sounds like a promising way to fill the post-Nolanverse Batman void, telling a story of Gotham City before it was filled with capes and madmen. Of course, for that to work, it can't just be about <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132120-Pre-Batman-Series-Gotham-Finds-its-Gordon>the adventures of young Jim Gordon; you also need to lay the groundwork <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131290-Gotham-TV-Show-on-Fox-to-Be-Batman-Origin-Story>for Batman to arrive years later and punch Joker in the jaw. That means Gotham's young Bruce Wayne has a very important role to play, and we've just learned that it will be filled by Touch's David Mazouz.

Casting the pre-Batman Bruce Wayne is significant, but he's not the only iconic Gothamite making an appearance. Camren Bicondova will be filling the role of Selina Kyle, another young orphan who will soon grow up to become Gotham's expert thief, Catwoman. Given the obvious romantic tension between comic book versions of Selina and Bruce, I expect Gotham will partner the characters until their costumed careers take them in very different directions.

Mazouz is perhaps best known for his work on Fox's now-concluded series Touch, and he can certainly look the part for an innocent boy whose world is falling apart. Bicondova meanwhile is a newcomer to the world of television, but here's hoping her Selina will fit alongside Ben McKenzie's Gordon and Sean Pertwee's Alfred.

Source: TVLine

WashAran

Jun 28, 2012
Lets hope they dont over do it with the characters they introduce in the show.

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Wait, those are two different people in the picture at the top of the article, and not just the same person twice? I don't see it.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
There has literally never been a good Catwoman character that I've been interested in. I hope this changes that.

Her whole moral ambiguity, while unique, is pretty garbage, IMO.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
If I wanted to watch a show with Batmans villains without Batman I would watch Arrow but I don't because if Batmans Rouge gallery is involved then I WANT TO SEE BATMAN!

If there is a audience for this show then fine, I hope it is a good show and people enjoy it but I find it strange that they would think that showing Batmans Origin AGAIN but over the cause of either 13 or 22 hours of tv.

Chuppi

Mar 6, 2013
And then there is this quirky, young boy, who always wants to play with Bruce and Selina, but they won´t let him, cause he´s always trying to tell everyone his boring jokes.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I am thinking this is going to be a cross between Smallville and Arrow. The events that start them down the road to being who they are in the comics have happened, but this shows the transition behind their development into who we know them to be now.

I think its either going to be very good or very bad, but no room in the middle.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Big_Willie_Styles said:
I still don't understand the motivation for this series. Maybe as a prelude to the next Affleck Batman movie, maybe, but unless they're setting the stage for Arkham Asylum before Batman IS Batman, I don't really see the point.
Gizmo1990 said:
If I wanted to watch a show with Batmans villains without Batman I would watch Arrow but I don't because if Batmans Rouge gallery is involved then I WANT TO SEE BATMAN!

If there is a audience for this show then fine, I hope it is a good show and people enjoy it but I find it strange that they would think that showing Batmans Origin AGAIN but over the cause of either 13 or 22 hours of tv.
If shows like these will stop the constant rebooting of a finished or failed superhero movie franchise, I will welcome them even though I never watch actual tv anymore. I can only hope Green Lantern and Fantastic Four get this treatment instead of 100 minutes of origin story then one climactic showdown with a villain for 10 to 15 minutes. That might be why Avengers was so well received, action and story better intertwined like the comics.

OT: Both of those kids have the craziest hair. Is this set in the 80's?