A Copy of Guild Wars 2: Collector's Edition Could Be Yours

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
A Copy of Guild Wars 2: Collector's Edition Could Be Yours

We are giving away a copy of Guild Wars 2: Collector's Edition to one lucky person. Don't miss out, get in here to enter for the prize.

we are giving away a copy of the collector's edition of Guild Wars 2 [http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6170038851878465/6405803196292890]. The Collector's edition comes with a 10 inch figurine of Rytlock, a plethora of artwork, and some pretty fancy in game items to make the game a little bit more interesting.

Click here to enter the competition and hopefully win a copy of Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition. [http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6170038851878465/6405803196292890]

You have from now until April 4th at 11:59pm EST to enter <a
href="http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6170038851878465/6405803196292890">the competition and get your name in there to win your copy. We only have one copy to give away so get in there as soon as possible. We don't say this to everyone, but we really want you to win this. The longer you're staying here reading this, the other guy, the one you don't like, is getting his name in the running for the prize. Don't be the guy to not get their own copy of Guild Wars 2, be the guy that entered into the contest and won that copy of Guild Wars 2.

[lockerdome=6405803196292890]

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I can never bring myself to enter any of these things where I am basically doing advertising for the company in exchange for product. I can never own anything from NCSoft again anyway, not after what they did to City of Heroes.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
"See who you follow, and follow new people."

Yeah? not a fan of that. >_>

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
I'm the guy that read the rules that say this is only available for US people...

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
See, I used to like entering these contests, but this Lockerdome shit is impossible to use without it gunking up your social media streams. Nope.

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
Please stop using Lockerdome. For a start, it restricts anyone from outside the US from entering in these competitions. That may be deliberate, and is certainly not a dealbreaker, but it is quite annoying.

HOWEVER, what is a dealbreaker is that it only accepts signups with Facebook and Twitter. Not happening, not now, not ever. Surely there can be some way to hold these competitions without the need to farm social media details out to a random third party source?

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Hey guys,

I know some of you are not fans of the social medias, but there are a good portion of you who are. These Lockerdome contests are meant to spread our name out to a larger audience, which is just good for everyone at The Escapist from the content contributors toiling away to make videos and articles to you guys, which can continue to get that content from us.

I appreciate it if you don't want to use Twitter or Facebook, that's your choice and I respect that, but that's why you have a choice to enter this contest or not.

Also, I'm checking on the U.S. availability only. I think we can revise the rules to make sure international folks can participate if they so choose. We'll figure that out soon.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
So, is there any reason why the app requires your entire friendlist and public profile information?

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
This seems a bit untimely...I thought this was a thread necro at first. x) Did you guys just have a collectors edition lying around at the office gathering dust or something?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Also, I'm checking on the U.S. availability only. I think we can revise the rules to make sure international folks can participate if they so choose. We'll figure that out soon.
That's very nice of you, very few even consider that.

OT: I'm European so I can't participate, I also own Guild Wars 2 already and I'm not really a huge fan of it. If this were to be made available for Europe and I actually ended up wining I would just feel like a dick for hogging the prize from someone who would actually enjoy it.

Good luck to those participating, just like the staff I really do want you to win rather than the guy you don't like... well, that's most likely me and I'm not participating, you're already ahead, yay!

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

I know some of you are not fans of the social medias, but there are a good portion of you who are. These Lockerdome contests are meant to spread our name out to a larger audience, which is just good for everyone at The Escapist from the content contributors toiling away to make videos and articles to you guys, which can continue to get that content from us.

I appreciate it if you don't want to use Twitter or Facebook, that's your choice and I respect that, but that's why you have a choice to enter this contest or not.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Greg.

It's not that I have a problem with Social Media in and of itself, I do use Facebook for keeping in touch with people, it's just that I don't see understand why I need to share my details with a third party to enter a contest.

I understand that social media sharing helps you guys out, I'm fine with helping you guys out, day one pub club member and all that, and if it was an in house request from The Escapist, I'd be more inclined to go along with it, but I can't see a justifiable reason to allow an unknown third party have access to that information.

So I'll be exercising my choice to not enter these contests, and will have to find alternate ways to support you guys as I can, but I wish there was an alternate method for those of us who don't want to farm our social media details out left right and centre.

Aureli

Mar 8, 2010
I was really interested in this contest, until I noticed that it wanted to add people and post to my social media profiles for me. I don't really want my profiles to be turned into a spambot by companies I don't trust. Isn't that the sort of thing we use captcha to protect against in the forums here? Why is it okay to let someone else use our profiles to do that somewhere else on the internet? I'm all for supporting The Escapist however I can, but not if it's like this.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
Seriously? Guild Wars 2. A game that released August 28...2012... And you're just now getting around to giving away a collectors edition? What's the next one going to be? Doom or perhaps Pitfall for the Atari?

weirdguy said:
So, is there any reason why the app requires your entire friendlist and public profile information?
Sure so they can spam them with tailored ads and other things that AdBlock might not work on.

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
Amusingly, I don't want this for the game. Hell,I'd give someone else the game if they wanted it.
I want the tat. I adore the artworks for the game, I think they are gorgeous and would look awesome on my walls. As would the Rytlock figure on my shelf.

Yeah, I'm weird. What else is new?

Apr 5, 2008
I'm using the option to login with my username/password, rather than either of the social network login options. However it refuses to accept my correct credentials. Keeps reporting "Wrong Username/Email or password". I know they're correct because I logged out of the site and back in again manually entering my information and it worked fine.

Any ideas?