Captain America: The Winter Soldier Concept Art Enthralls and Tease

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Captain America: The Winter Soldier Concept Art Enthralls and Tease

April 4th can't come soon enough.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is almost here - April 4th for the US, March 26th on international release - and to tide you over while you wait for the appointed day, the folks behind this little slice of Marvel heaven have released a few slices of concept art. Take a gander, and wonder: will it be as good as we're hoping?

[gallery=2172]

The cold warrior Winter Soldier is on his way, and when he shows up, it's going to get messy. a pretty good rule of thumb [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/moviebob/10705-Lets-Watch-the-Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Trailer].

Looking pretty fun so far!

Source: SuperHeroHype [http://www.superherohype.com/news/294673-new-concept-art-for-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-debuts?#/slide/1]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Is there a reason that the rest of the world has been getting these films a week or so earlier than America?

Not that I'm complaining in any way being a UK Cinema goer but I'd be interested to know why.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Is there an S missing from the last word of the title? It doesn't seem to make sense. That's some damned impressive artwork, particularly the hangar picture. I enjoyed the first film immensely, can't wait for this one.

theApoc

Oct 17, 2008
Is there a reason the page needs to reload for every image? Seriously, you are already loading jquery, it really isn't that hard to do a scroller, or something like flowplayer...

Sep 14, 2009
TimeLord said:
Is there a reason that the rest of the world has been getting these films a week or so earlier than America?

Not that I'm complaining in any way being a UK Cinema goer but I'd be interested to know why.
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the world usually get cinema releases way before the US? I swear most movie releases I've cared about in the past 4-5 years all have had 2-4 weeks release dates earlier than the US.

Could be they are "testing the waters" with international groups as focus groups to see if they should advertise the movie a ton or not in the US during release week...I honestly have no idea.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
theApoc said:
Is there a reason the page needs to reload for every image? Seriously, you are already loading jquery, it really isn't that hard to do a scroller, or something like flowplayer...
If the page keeps flashing white, that's probably Google Chrome. A recent update interfered with aspects of the site, so someone on the Tech Team applied that as a temporary fix to keep the pages working.

theApoc

Oct 17, 2008
Yeah, I am using Chrome, odd. All of your other image scrollers work. Thanks for the info.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
GamerMage said:
I haven't seen the first one, (but I liked Cap's performance in Avengers) but after seeing the trailer for this? I might actually go see this. Also, can any Marvel comic fan tell more about this Falcon?
I think he was in the Avengers at one point and he is kind of like the aquaman equivalent for birds since he has some weird 'psychic' link with birds which they probably dropped for the movie since Agents of SHIELD has been telling us there is no kind of telepathy in that Universe. It would be interesting if this is his debut leading in to full Avengers membership in the future. Given that Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision are confirmed for the Age of Ultron movie it seems like they are going to expand the team beyond those we saw in the first movie using lesser known characters.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
GamerMage said:
CriticalMiss said:
GamerMage said:
I haven't seen the first one, (but I liked Cap's performance in Avengers) but after seeing the trailer for this? I might actually go see this. Also, can any Marvel comic fan tell more about this Falcon?
I think he was in the Avengers at one point and he is kind of like the aquaman equivalent for birds since he has some weird 'psychic' link with birds which they probably dropped for the movie since Agents of SHIELD has been telling us there is no kind of telepathy in that Universe. It would be interesting if this is his debut leading in to full Avengers membership in the future. Given that Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision are confirmed for the Age of Ultron movie it seems like they are going to expand the team beyond those we saw in the first movie using lesser known characters.
I'm all for it. Marvel's been doing VERY well, movie-wise, and Guardians looks like it might be good as well. I've heard about Agents of SHIELD. Is it any good?
Well, it suffers a little from Lost syndrome, dragging out mysteries for longer than necessary to generate hype, but yeah. I'm really enjoying it. It's funny, the action is pretty good, I respect that they're not just baiting fans with big-name comic book characters but actually trying to world-build...

Definitely recommended. Stick with it, though; first episode is great, second is trash, basically an hour of lazy exposition and teasing. There's a bit of a hit-and-miss period for a while, but then it starts to improve dramatically.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
...is it just me or is that a Marvel Film Universe variation of Falcon in the second concept art thing? (the one with the exploding Helicarrier). This art though is just absolutely beautiful though...I didn't catch Thor 2 or, Iron Man 3 but, can't wait for Cap's next outing.