Titanfall Servers Confirmed For Australia

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Titanfall Servers Confirmed For Australia

Gamers in Australia will soon have Titanfall servers of their very own.

Titanfall relies on Microsoft's Azure cloud servers, which is great if you happen to live in a country that has them but not so hot if you don't. Gamers in Australia, for instance, had to rely on servers in Singapore to play in the Titanfall beta, which as you can imagine was no great shakes for ping times - a pretty big issue for a game designed first and foremost for multiplayer.

But Respawn boss Vince Zampella tweeted [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132751-Titanfall-Players-Wont-Be-Banned-For-Playing-Early] late last week that there would be "good news soon for Aussies," and earlier today he made good on his word. "Aussie servers coming online, starting Friday morning and building capacity each day!" he tweeted. "Combined EA/MS/Respawn effort to make it happen!"

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/443982974556459008]

Electronic Arts confirmed the new servers in a statement, saying it is confident they will provide "a great experience" for players in Australia and New Zealand. It's a fast bit of work, and even though it will take some time for the servers to get up to capacity, it's clear that Microsoft and EA are serious about making Titanfall a success.

Titanfall fans in South Africa, meanwhile, are continuing to seek support [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132812-Titanfall-Fans-In-South-Africa-Ask-EA-To-Let-Them-Play-Update] for a petition calling for an official launch of the game in their country. EA pulled the plug on the release shortly before launch day, saying that performance on EU servers was too poor to support. Even so, South African gamers can still access the game by purchasing a non-region-locked Origin key.

Source: Twitter (Vince Zampella [https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/443982974556459008])

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Ok, so this was the last push to get me to buy the game. Any game that incorporates Aussie servers is worth it (Not to mention it looks awesome anyway).
Still not buying it through the Origin store though.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Good to see this finally happening. A ping of 150ms is noticeable so it'll be good to get past that. Still some graphical hiccups with need to be addressed by Nvidia/Respawn but other than that the launch was pretty damn smooth.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Given the state of Australia's Internet capabilities, perhaps "a great experience" should be amended to "a great experience to those with a decent internet connection."?

I bet that 6 months down the road, EA will pull the servers (just like they did with the Asia/pacific server for The Old Republic) because of low numbers.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
But Respawn boss Vince Zampella tweeted late last week that there would be "good news soon for Aussies," and earlier today he made good on his word. "Aussie servers coming online, starting Friday morning and building capacity each day!" he tweeted. "Combined EA/MS/Respawn effort to make it happen!"
But are they actually Azure servers? Because to my knowledge, the Azure data centre being built in Sydney won't be ready until later in the year.
:|

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Poor South Africans, hopefully they can get some servers there as well.

I may be picking this up now, the lack of Aussie servers was the main reason I wasn't going to. If I can find a good price for a Steam Origin key I'll be jumping into the action.

SweetWarmIce

Jun 1, 2009
So far it's only slightly better then the South East Asia servers. Get 50 MS at selection but about 150-185 MS in actual gameplay with rubber banding once or twice a match.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
Steam key.
Steam key? ... My good friend, you are not in the Heaven you know as "Steam".
The only way you can access this game is from the Xbox One ... OR ... the horror we know as EA's Origin, the monster in the basement we do not want to acknowledge it's existence!

But yeah, if I had a good PC, good internet, or an Xbox One ... I would be probably playing Titanfall as well. (If it wasn't on Origin that is)
Although I don't really care, especially since InFamous Second Son is around the corner.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
StormShaun said:
Drummodino said:
Steam key.
Steam key? ... My good friend, you are not in the Heaven you know as "Steam".
The only way you can access this game is from the Xbox One ... OR ... the horror we know as EA's Origin, the monster in the basement we do not want to acknowledge it's existence!

But yeah, if I had a good PC, good internet, or an Xbox One ... I would be probably playing Titanfall as well. (If it wasn't on Origin that is)
Although I don't really care, especially since InFamous Second Son is around the corner.
Crap I meant Origin. You can tell where I usually get my games from >.>

I wish I could play Second Son, but that would require me to purchase a PS4. I'm not willing to buy a console for one game though. Maybe when Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV come out I'll look into it.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:

I wish I could play Second Son, but that would require me to purchase a PS4. I'm not willing to buy a console for one game though. Maybe when Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV come out I'll look into it.[/quote]

No harm done, I can understand mistaking them. I have a lot of games from steam too, but my PC cant run them ... dem deals.

I bought a PS4 because it would be worth it in the future, and I knew I was going to buy the new InFamous, and along with the new Witcher and possible Dragon Age. Sure I do feel like PCs are better, but mine sucks and that I think that consoles will always have good exclusives at one point or another.