Competing Interests: Mixing Story into Multiplayer

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Competing Interests: Mixing Story into Multiplayer

From simple character voice-overs to complex in-game story-driven events, competitive multiplayer games can benefit from good storytelling.

Read Full Article

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
They can put a masterwork of a story in a multiplayer game, but it will still be ruined within seconds because of some twelve year old squealing down his microphone, teabagging someone, glitching the game, or using a stupid skin.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
They can cram as much story into these games as they want but as long as they require online to play the game has to be f2p or I will avoid it (yes Titanfall, that includes you).

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
RicoADF said:
They can cram as much story into these games as they want but as long as they require online to play the game has to be f2p or I will avoid it (yes Titanfall, that includes you).
F2P, I guess that means I'd be avoiding any game that has that in the future, cannot stand games that claim to be ompletely F2P but in the end have the bad carrot on a stick design or using time as a means to make you spend money, PS2 is also an equal offender.

I'm more likely to play Titanfall than I am any F2P game because at least when I've bought it I can play it without having items gated off from me that require either a massive huge boring grind or having to spend more money, that's how I've been seeing F2P games these days.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Of course, being a Riot employee, she is contractually obliged to pretend that Valve doesn't exist, where both TF2 and Dota 2 have been using in-game exchanges between characters to establish how the two characters, whether they be allies or foes, feel about each other for years. (Ranging from "Thanks Engie!" to "Tidehunter, I hear you've been calling me names behind my stern.")