Diablo III Xbox One Version is in Development

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Diablo III Xbox One Version is in Development

Blizzard did stop short of officially confirming Diablo III for Xbox One, but said it was in development.

In one hour (at time of writing), PC gamers will get their hands on Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Later in the year, IGN [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122269-Blizzard-Bringing-Diablo-III-to-PlayStation-3-4] that an Xbox One version of the game is being developed, but stopped short of an official confirmation.

"The way we develop, it's as if there will be an Xbox One version, but until it's announced there's nothing official," said Mayberry, adding "I can't confirm [an Xbox One version] at this point, as I don't have a release date, at all for that."

He says that his team is currently hard at work finishing off the PS4 version of the game, which shouldn't be too long now. "I don't have any release dates to announce, but it's not far behind," he said. "They kind of have to wait for the PC side to wrap before they can completely finish, but they've been in parallel development with us the whole time."

"It won't be long, but I can't give an exact date as we still need to go through certifications."

Mayberry explained that his team's biggest goal when making a console version of the game is not to simply port across the PC version, but make an experience that is uniquely tailored to the platform. He also hinted at some console-exclusive features, such as the previously announced PS4-exclusive revenge kills [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129488-PS4-Reaper-of-Souls-Gets-Exclusive-Avenger-Kills-Gifting-Features]. "Certainly the user interface will be completely retooled for the console side of things, but their also looking at a number of features that'd be different from the PC side. I can't go into details though."

Currently, Diablo III is available on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, while the Reaper of Souls expansion has only officially been announced for PC and PS4.

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/24/diablo-3-being-developed-for-both-ps4-and-xbox-one]

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Ah, Diiablo III. The game that would have needed to be completely rebuilt with billions of man hours put in for an offline PC version. Or the release of a new console.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
RA92 said:
Ah, Diiablo III. The game that would have needed to be completely rebuilt with billions of man hours put in for an offline PC version. Or the release of a new console.
I've stopped buying Blizzard games due to the D3 stuffup, although I may get D3 and the expansion on PS4 since their atleast offline. Not on day one though, got burnt once before, won't happen again.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
So, I guess the PC exclusive feature was being saddled with the online requirement legacy mode that they don't appear to be dealing with since they think the patch fixed everything. Awesome?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
RA92 said:
The double standard makes all those lies about the necessity of Always Online absolutely rank.
But hey, they got their best selling PC game of all time and a fat stack of cash. So why should they care?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Give the PC a true offline mode and I'd buy the game in heart beat. I think they do know it's possible, with minimum effort. They just don't want to admit they were wrong.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Diablo 3 again? does anyone still cares? Although blizzard made some quality games in the pass diablo 3 is incontestably one of their worst fucked ups.

The thing about the game is, since it's online only one cannot refuse a patch, and since they change things all the fucking time! you ultimately playing against the developers and not the game.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I am very whelmed by this announcement.

Not over or under, just whelmed.

Have yet to play a Blizzard game in full, so I'm not exactly speaking from experience, but, yeah, many friends who were seriously turned off by never being able to play the game that they spent months waiting for and no small amount of money to get.....

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Guys....Imagine.
If the Xbone kept it's original system, and console Diablo III kept the DRM, you could have always-online with always-online!

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Very glad to hear this, and honestly, I felt that they would put it out on the One. Now, if it has Reaper of Souls, and we can transfer our characters and loot over, I am there.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I just picked up Diablo III for the PS3.

Based on all the news about Reaper of Souls, it looks like I got absolutely shafted.