Infamous: The Power is in Your Hands

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Infamous: The Power is in Your Hands

We all know that the world's strongest conduit is your mum.

Read Full Article

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know anything about this game as I've never been interested in inFamous, by drain semen has got to be the worst superpower ever!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
While that power can be seen as awful, well it is, I'll try to find the positives of it...
Um...you can make a fortune from sperm donations to sperm banks and...yeah I got nothing else. Well nothing that wouldn't be short of NSFW I'd think. XD

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Neronium said:
While that power can be seen as awful, well it is, I'll try to find the positives of it...
Um...you can make a fortune from sperm donations to sperm banks and...yeah I got nothing else. Well nothing that wouldn't be short of NSFW I'd think. XD
You could obtain the semen of the healthiest and best athletes in existence and breed your own race of super soldiers. Granted you might need funding for the growth chambers, but you could probably get a loan for that.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I hear its pretty good? I'm glad...I'm not getting a PS4 anytime soon but maybe one day. the only potentially off putting thing here is I'm not a great fan of "X-MEN" plots...as I often just imagine myself as a normal getting killed in the collateral

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
erttheking said:
Neronium said:
You could obtain the semen of the healthiest and best athletes in existence and breed your own race of super soldiers. Granted you might need funding for the growth chambers, but you could probably get a loan for that.
Well there you see, we can turn any power that seems bad into a positive...although the possibly transmission of HIV and AIDS from this power I think would probably not be good. :/

Feb 22, 2009
Man, this game is getting a lot of praise, huh? I bought it on release day and decided to trade it in after enduring a couple of hours. Most disappointed I've been in a game for ages. :/

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Personally I want to know how you heal people with smoke powers. Cole defibrilating folks was already a stretch. But healing smoke? C'mon.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Zhukov said:
Personally I want to know how you heal people with smoke powers. Cole defibrilating folks was already a stretch. But healing smoke? C'mon.
Well, there are various holistic and shamanistic traditions that encorporate it.

Aside from bull crap, perhaps he is able to control the smoke in some more meaningful way. Such as pumping blood through the heart manually. But for control to be the factor he'd need to have more medical knowledge than I'm aware of him having. But I haven't played the game yet so maybe that punk from the trailers is actually a doctor in disquise?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ahhhh, nothing like the good ol' Super Power Lottery!

Seriously, last time someone made one of those threads I ended up rolling "Sponge Form: The ability to turn into a sponge." Apparently based off of Mr. Squarepants, himself.

Mabster

May 8, 2011
Zhukov said:
I don't know what you're talking about, if smoke can be used to resuscitate drowning victims [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_smoke_enema], surely other healing properties are simply waiting to be discovered. I'm sure this was the angle the devs had in mind too.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
I want to say "it's a bad way to go" but I guess that comes down to the force of drainage and do you have Magneto like control of the stuff, or does it just leak out and they slip into ecstatic oblivion.

Now imagining tremere blood magic taken in a different direction.

"That remarkable substance doesn't run through your entire body, does it?"

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
erttheking said:
Neronium said:
Or instead of a loan, sell the extra non-healthy semen!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Zhukov said:
You just raise them up like some sort of super Jesus, just cuz.

OT: Yes, the powers are arbitrary as fuck. I mean, Smoke I kind sorta understand since it's an element, but Neon and Video? Really!? Ah yes, the power of Video; subdue your foes with...uhm.. video. You know how in inFAMOUS 2 you'd have those Conduits that had kind of lame powers, who were only there to show there were other Conduits around? In Second Son you play as one of them.

This game pulls the same shit as God of War 3, where it just throws in a load of powers that don't stand out from one another apart from having a different color. It's a cheap way of pading out the arsenal, and completely lacks any sort of creativity.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Urghhh! I mean, come on! There was no good reason to do that to me. It's not like I ever did anything to you to deserve this.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I dunno, I kinda like the fact that they're branching out with the type of powers Delsin can get... though considering the "Superpower Lottery" trope, I guess it's possible someone ends up getting the short end of the power stick...

Feb 22, 2009
MinionJoe said:
From what I've seen, the physics are way off, there's clipping all over the place, and character animation has no fluid transitions.

But having not played it myself, I'm curious what problems you had with it.
Yeah, that stuff you said is a big part of it that adds up to the whole of the gameplay, combat and platforming, feeling very clunky and bad. There's also the fact that the game has some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a game - at the point I was up to the protagonist's friends had all been condemned to a slow painful death (about twenty minutes into the game) so, naturally, our hero and his brother decided to go on some wacky adventures making wisecracks along the way, all while killing countless innocents with apparently no qualms. This from a pair of siblings who at the start of the game were having a major argument about one of them being a graffiti artist.

So uh yeah, that took me out of it a bit, as well as the gameplay being clunky enough that it gave me no reason to stick around.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
In Search of Username said:
MinionJoe said:
From what I've seen, the physics are way off, there's clipping all over the place, and character animation has no fluid transitions.

But having not played it myself, I'm curious what problems you had with it.
Yeah, that stuff you said is a big part of it that adds up to the whole of the gameplay, combat and platforming, feeling very clunky and bad. There's also the fact that the game has some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a game - at the point I was up to the protagonist's friends had all been condemned to a slow painful death (about twenty minutes into the game) so, naturally, our hero and his brother decided to go on some wacky adventures making wisecracks along the way, all while killing countless innocents with apparently no qualms. This from a pair of siblings who at the start of the game were having a major argument about one of them being a graffiti artist.

So uh yeah, that took me out of it a bit, as well as the gameplay being clunky enough that it gave me no reason to stick around.
if you were killing innocents that wasnt really the writing. that was just you. you can easily finish the game without killing any civilians.

not saying the writing was great. wasnt that bad tho.