Walking Dead Inspired "Walker" Ale Contains Goat Brains

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Walking Dead Inspired "Walker" Ale Contains Goat Brains

Philadelphia's Dock Street Brewing Company plans to release a special ale inspired by The Walking Dead to coincide with the upcoming season finale.

With season four of The Walking Dead coming to a close this weekend, many fans of the series are preparing themselves for the Dock Street Brewing Company, will are preparing a special edition "Walker" ale to coincide that it will serve at a special event coinciding with the finale's airing.

According to Dock Street, Walker ale will be a pale stout containing wheat, oats, flaked barley and organic cranberries. According to head brewer Justin Low, the beer will also contain "intriguing, subtle smoke notes" stemming to the ale's other ingredient: smoked goat brains. This, of course, will make it a poor drink for any vegetarians in the show's audience. That said, you'd be hard pressed to find a more appropriate drink to drown your zombie induced sorrows with.

Of course, if you're less dedicated to a zombie specific drink and are just looking for a beer with nerdy origins you might also try the Hoptimus Prime. It doesn't transform but it's still good stuff. Dock Street's Walker ale, meanwhile, will be made beginning on March 30th after a special event at the brewery.

Source: Geek

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Put it in a triple 160 minute IPA with 40 varieties of hops and it'll fly off the shelves because of the hophead fad nowadays

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
BRAIIIIIINNNSSS!

Sounds interesting, but are brains not quite rich in cholesterol ?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
alj said:
BRAIIIIIINNNSSS!

Sounds interesting, but are brains not quite rich in cholesterol ?
If you are setting up to drink brain beer, I'm guessing you're not the kind of person to worry too much about your cholesterol...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I think we reached a new low. Justin Low (the guys name).

Yeah, im not sure its safe to drink goat brains. thats an easy way to get brain diseases right there. This will be for looks only.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
StewShearer said:
I'd also personally suggest Hoptimus Prime. It doesn't transform but it's still good stuff.
For a second there, I thought you were making a Fable II reference [http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Hoptimus_Prime#Fable_II].

OT: Good to know that the brains are smoked and not raw like I worried. Still won't drink it, but still good to know.