10 Marvel Characters Who Should NOT Be on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
10 Marvel Characters Who Should NOT Be on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

We previously looked at 10 characters that should make an appearance in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Now, we offer 10 that should probably never see the small screen ... ever.

Read Full Article

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Most of these sound horrible but what is so bad about Overdrive? Except the name, of course. He'd practically be a hacker/rigger type villain, thus giving the tech people on the plane something to do.

Oct 20, 2010
Groanerama! Gawd awful character creation at it's worst! Fun Article Bob. If they DO go for The Scarecrow we should BE so lucky as to have it come out like "The Birds." I mean, It could be Birddemic. I know you are a misty so you know how much worse it could be.

Overdrive does sound like an Idea that could work - just so long as they DONT go for the Fast and Furious episode.
Given some good writing, there is even the potential for a character turn around arc, where Overdrive becomes good and renames himself FORGE. Except of course, Forge is an X-Men character so onece again, I have to give Fox the Finger...

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Ya but Orverdrive would work great today and scarecrow is always good for psyco of the week the rest, yes...let them stay dead ><

Jan 12, 2012
I think Turner D. Century could work if you gave him a terrifying makeover a la Calendar Man in the Arkham games. Taking something that sounds like a joke (he's nostalgic, and therefore a supervillain)and making it horrifying (he beats women and drains the life from children to power his perpetual youth machine) is a good formula, and it could make a nice meta episode on comic book shenanigans in the 'real' world.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Great list, although I hate to mention it... but your first choice, "US1" already made a cameo in the 3rd episode. "The Asset". Note "Agent Mack" in his SHIELD mobile big rig that got ambushed. That was a wink wink nudge nudge obscure US1 cameo.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Overdrive sounds like an interesting enough villain... By your description he can remotely control any machine and even transform it into something else (something like the TX from Terminator 3, mixed with the villain of Sky High), which would be quite a challenge for a group of people that spend most of their time inside a plane and depend a lot in high tech gadgetry. It could also be a powerful nemesis to Deathlok if they ever make him change sides and join SHIELD.

The rest... not so much. You can almost taste the lack of interest the writer must have had when they created 3-D Man.

Apr 17, 2009
Hah, yeah I remember Typeface from Civil War. The only thing that really sticks in my head is that after Venom killed him he had little Xs on his eyes, like when a cartoon character dies.

softclocks

Mar 7, 2014
Why would you compose a list of 10 characters are completely unlikely to show up on the show?

These shouldn't show up, and they won't! So what?

And 3D man's a dozen times more interesting than the losers they already have put on that awul tv-show :|

Britishfan

Jan 9, 2013
Wait, so he's Australian and always losses?

Instead of the Kangaroo, he should be named the Wallaby after their Rugby Union team.

More seriously, I don't think we really need to worry; I suspect AoS isn't going to be introducing nay of these villains any time soon.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
". . . murders via a flock of crows . . ."

I'm sorry to point this out (not really), but I'm pretty sure that "murders via a murder of crows" reads better.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
So I take it from this list that you are OK with Stilt-Man then. Good, glad we got that out of the way.

vid87

May 17, 2010
rofltehcat said:
Most of these sound horrible but what is so bad about Overdrive? Except the name, of course. He'd practically be a hacker/rigger type villain, thus giving the tech people on the plane something to do.
Pair/antagonize him with a revamped Turner (good with EMP devices) and you have an anarchist duo/feud that represents the war of technology vs humanity and the threat of all tech being wiped out, bringing humanity back to the stone-age. I would watch the HELL out of that one.

Also, Kangaroo is lame, but Batroc the Leaper, who looks like a French wombat, gets to be not just in the MCU, but in Cap 2 of all things. Go figure.

CAPTCHA: "Rocket Science" ...no, we said nanites and EMPs. Get it together!

Eliwood10

Feb 4, 2013
Gotta disagree with U.S. 1. That would be AWESOME. In fact, I think it would be cool if he was a recurring character with his own team of agents as a wackier foil to Coulson's team. He even has his own "Bus" already!

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
Now, just wait one second...

Jubilee's powers were 'not' useless. Fireworks up in a person's face can be very dangerous, and if nothing else, it makes for good spectacle.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
To be fair, Overdrive at least looks like some effort went into it. And come to think of it, a vehicle-based character wouldn't be the biggest catasrophe. Although not in a US1 way. That would be terrible.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Hoo boy, Bob really had to dig deep for these yahoos. I was cracking up at how Agent Fitz would react to the football guy!
faefrost said:
Great list, although I hate to mention it... but your first choice, "US1" already made a cameo in the 3rd episode. "The Asset". Note "Agent Mack" in his SHIELD mobile big rig that got ambushed. That was a wink wink nudge nudge obscure US1 cameo.
That agent's name was Mac? Good catch! I thought Bob caught that in his recap of that episode.