See Bighead Thanos And More in This MegaCon Cosplay Gallery

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
See Bighead Thanos And More in This MegaCon Cosplay Gallery

Lil' Joker, fashionable Jedi, out-of-shape Thanos and more showed off at Orlando's MegaCon, and we were on the scene to prove it.

Read Full Article

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
Nice gallery, not too sure but I think the "kid Joker" picture might actually be a couple who've genderswapped the roles, given that Joker's definitely got cleavage and Harley Quinn's a bit broad shouldered.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
SniperMacFox said:
Nice gallery, not too sure but I think the "kid Joker" picture might actually be a couple who've genderswapped the roles, given that Joker's definitely got cleavage and Harley Quinn's a bit broad shouldered.
Good eye, and you might be right. It's very disguising costumery to be sure.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
>Implies Aquaman is a weakling...

*SIGH

-super strong, fast, can Hulk Jump, regeneration & healing powers
-extreme resistance to heat, cold, & gravity changes
-telepathy that rivals Martian Manhunter, works on any animal descendant from the ocean, and induces seizures in humans
-Hydrokenesis... for instance completely draining the water out of any living thing
-Near invulnerability which all atlanteans have in order to just casually walk around the merciless gravity at the ocean floor
-Army of atlantean soldiers just like him, mages, and an advance armory of weapons
-So rich makes Bruce Wayne & Lex Luthor net worth look like a peasant heavily in debt
-Wife who is a female version of him, except for being a trained assassin & lacking in mercy
-King of 90% of the Earth
-and wields Poseidon's Trident which has its own power set

But hey Super Friends is the go to source for bringing out the best in our heroes, rite?

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
Leonardo Huizar said:
>Implies Aquaman is a weakling...
Think it's just joking at the same identity that Aquaman's had hanging around him as a character since, well, Super Friends. Sad thing is that even though he is pretty badass and could easily make a film/game, the next time Aquaman will probably get some mainstream recognition is if he:

a) Gets a bit cameo part in Batman vs Superman
b) They have him in a sequel to "The Lego Movie."

Saying that, ol' Wonder Woman's in almost the same boat, poor gal. Seriously DC, get on this.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
*peers at earlier posts*

Well, my work here was done for me...I came to complain about the Aquaman weakling thing.

So...

As an aside, Aquaman's one of the most useful characters in Lego Batman 2, to the point there are some things in the game literally only he can do, with his underwater mobility, super strength, and ability to generate water streams without a source.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Uratoh said:
*peers at earlier posts*

Well, my work here was done for me...I came to complain about the Aquaman weakling thing.

So...

As an aside, Aquaman's one of the most useful characters in Lego Batman 2, to the point there are some things in the game literally only he can do, with his underwater mobility, super strength, and ability to generate water streams without a source.
Responding to all the above: Yes you are all right. Also, however, I was joking around. No harm in that, I hope? I was counting on you to recognize the popular perception of Aquaman as the basis for the joke. I am aware he's a very powerful practically-a-god-of-the-sea.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
I'll add that as problematic as Flashpoint is in many ways, (especially since it gave us the New 52), Aquaman was used to amazing effect in it.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
You know, whenever someone mentions Aquaman all I can think of is this:

Also, I liked high fashion Jedi. That was great.

WldCard

Mar 20, 2010
SniperMacFox said:
Actually, both of them were females, Harley was just really tall and The Joker was quite a bit shorter. The costumes on both looked great in person too.

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
WldCard said:
SniperMacFox said:
Actually, both of them were females, Harley was just really tall and The Joker was quite a bit shorter. The costumes on both looked great in person too.
The gentleman above is the man who took the photos. Nice job, David!

Zero Serenity

Nov 21, 2009
For more of the Warhammer 40,000 guys. [https://www.facebook.com/garysterleystudios] I've been following Gary a bit and he's certainly pretty good at his costume. Wonderful stuff he does.

bladescavenger

May 9, 2011
Nice photos! Sad that you guys didn't upload the one you guy of me as Green Arrow and my g/f as Black Canary though q.q lol will you guys be uploading more photos :)?

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
WldCard said:
SniperMacFox said:
Thanks for clarifying. And for taking the pics.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Seriously, you missed some of the BEST cosplays. These pictures look like you only took Sunday pictures (when everyone was winding down). MegaCon has some of the most dedicated Cosplayers in Florida, and as proof, I offer the following:

http://imgur.com/a/4E3TI

WldCard

Mar 20, 2010
Imper1um said:
Seriously, you missed some of the BEST cosplays. These pictures look like you only took Sunday pictures (when everyone was winding down). MegaCon has some of the most dedicated Cosplayers in Florida, and as proof, I offer the following:

http://imgur.com/a/4E3TI
Actually, the pictures were taken on Saturday, but I'll be the first to say that there was a LOT of amazing cosplay at the show. Some pictures didn't turn out, some just missed the cut, and some just didn't cross paths (many were at photo shoots or such) . The hall was packed this year ... probably the highest density of people I've ever seen in my years at the show. Trying to catch people in the crowds to take shots was insane. I saw an amazing Pyramid Head costume, some wickedly good League of Legends cosplayers, a fantastic Weapon X, and I'll go on record as saying that bladescavenger and his g/f made for an awesome Arrow/Black Canary duo too.

Unfortunately, I was just one writer (who happened to have a camera) in a sea of people enjoying the show. If I could have caught everything, I absolutely would have. And I'll go a step further and say that MegaCon has some of the most dedicated cosplayers not only in Florida, but anywhere.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Yeah, one thing to be advised on is that Photo Shoots happen from (generally) 1p-5p on Saturday, with them Sparsely active on Friday from 1p-3p.

Best times to take pictures is actually about 5p on Fri/Sat, and 3p on Sun. I know I emptied my phone's battery twice on Saturday from 4:00p to 6:00p. It was insane.