Goat Simulator Launch Trailer Is a Dead Ringer For Something

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Goat Simulator Launch Trailer Is a Dead Ringer For Something

The official Goat Simulator launch trailer is oddly familiar somehow, and yet so much better than you can possibly imagine.

Launch trailers come and launch trailers go, and few make a lasting impression. But every now and then you run across one that really hits home. A trailer with artistry and emotional resonance that strikes a chord deep in your mind, or your heart, or your soul. A trailer like this one.

The Goat Simulator official launch trailer is here, and it is a thing of glory. Of beauty. Of majesty. It grows more powerful with each passing moment, until the final, stunning denouement, a moment so impactful, so perfect, that we don't just see the goat, we feel the goat. We know the goat. We are the goat.

Oh God, I'm dying over here. Seriously, I can't breathe.

Goat Simulator comes out on April 1. Find out more at goat-simulator.com [http://goat-simulator.com/].

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I was cynical at first because I read the article before watching the trailer, but you're right. This is absolutely hilarious. I have to watch it again and again. Even though I still firmly believe that it's a stupid game.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I see legal shenanigans on the horizon for this one... (Seriously, those Dead Island guys must be cheesed at the parody rip-off).

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
I see legal shenanigans on the horizon for this one... (Seriously, those Dead Island guys must be cheesed at the parody rip-off).
Oh c'mon, it's all in good fun. Those guys over at Coffee Stain knew what they were doing when they made this.

If the Dead Island team has any sense of humor at all, they'll understand and hopefully be flattered.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Deathfish15 said:
Probably not.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Chupacaubrey/status/448944647688052736]

;)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That was one of the most hilarious trailers I've seen in a long long while. Bravo Coffee Stain, bra-freakin'-vo.

Also, a little cheer for the Dead Island team taking this so well.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
SonOfVoorhees said:
Goat wearing a jet pack at 41 seconds. I am sold on that goat game if thats in the actual game.
Agreed. I don't usually buy these simulator games but when I do they are based around the hilarious antics of herbivorous, short devouring mammals.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Deathfish15 said:
Probably not.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Chupacaubrey/status/448944647688052736]

;)
A company that doesn't immediately sue people and actually has a laugh at things? Makes me glad I bought both Dead Island games, that's a studio worth supporting. As for the trailer itself, brilliant, especially the goat with the jetpack. I won't get the game because I'm kinda broke but I do expect to watch a few let's plays.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
There isn't anything that anyone even COULD sue for in this video.

OT: What the HELL is this game about? I looked at their web page, but it didn't really say anything. Goaty shenanigans of course, but what exactly? Murdering humans? trying not to get killed by humans?

No matter what it is... You have my attention...

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
vallorn said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
Goat wearing a jet pack at 41 seconds. I am sold on that goat game if thats in the actual game.
Agreed. I don't usually buy these simulator games but when I do they are based around the hilarious antics of herbivorous, short devouring mammals.
Same here. It looks so good.

Girrafe Dlc?

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
I laughed uncontrollably in falsetto for a full 20 seconds after seeing that. We are truly living in the golden age of gaming, people!

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Andy Chalk said:
Goat Simulator comes out on April 1. Find out more at goat-simulator.com [http://goat-simulator.com/].
So it's a build-up to a giant April Fool's prank?

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I laughed until I fell out of my seat. That was just too awesome. Cheers to them for lightening my week immensely.

Descartes2012

Apr 19, 2011
Deathfish15 said:
Actually, parody falls very clearly into fair use. Their law suit would likely not go very far.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
RaikuFA said:
Same here. It looks so good.

Girrafe Dlc?
The dev in the video below says it will ship with 'tall goat' as an option.

SonOfVoorhees said:
Yes it is.

Handles like well, a goat wearing a jetpack but what do you expect?

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Hmm, April 1st you say... Coffee Stain Studios are either the greatest evil masterminds on the planet, or just great at trolling.